Pink Wood Trail?

Akron, OH(Zone 5a)

Received leaf cuttings labelled Pink Wood Trail but never could find any info. Finally the plant started to mature and spread and the first flower showed up. I was very sceptic first but had to tell I fell in love with my first trailer. The leaf shape and toothed edges look very interesting, dark reddish stems and little hairs make it even more attractive. Anyone familiar with it?

Thumbnail by carpathiangirl
Akron, OH(Zone 5a)

The flower -- ta-da! Beautiful pink with darker rays radiating from the center. Just repotted the crowded plant. Will really appreciate any info about it

Thumbnail by carpathiangirl
Montgomery, AL

I love the red stems too. Trailers are my favorites. That's one that I don't have though.
Jamie

Poughkeepsie, NY(Zone 6a)

Reminds me of "Fancy trail". Which is REALLY easy to propagate!

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

I had this little trailer two years ago. The description was : Semi-mini-could be sport of Tiny Wood Trail.
Unfortunately it died before I could see it bloom.

(Lynn) Omaha, NE(Zone 5a)

Jamie,
That looks like one you sent me,but I can't remember which one it was.I can't get at my pictures right now.Foxwood Trail I think.

Lynn

Atco, NJ

I like the flower on this one. I've got Pink Wood Trail, but it's not big enough to bloom yet.

Akron, OH(Zone 5a)

I wish there was more info and pics somewhere. I never seen a Tiny Wood Trail in person but it's pictures look way different. So if Pink Wood is a sport it means it's not registered? and that's why it's description is so difficult to find. What a shame, such a lovely plant and nearly unknown.

Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

This sure is one pretty trailer. Is that a semi or a standard?

Akron, OH(Zone 5a)

Cannot tell for sure but looks smaller than standart to me. Will have some plugs ready soon if anyone interested

This message was edited Oct 20, 2011 4:51 PM

Montgomery, AL

Please keep me in mind for a plug! I love, love trailers and yours is a beauty.
Jamie

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

I would be interested in a trailer too. Please put me on your list for one. I lost mine. It was so cute, but lost it before it bloomed. Sure would like another one. Thanks

Atco, NJ

Pink Wood Trail (Unknown) Single-semidouble bright pink. Dark green foliage. Semiminiature trailer (User Database)

I did an ebay advanced search for "Pink Wood Trail african violet" and checked completed listings. Barbara Cook sold this plant and there is a beautiful picture of it shown with this listing.

Pat

Akron, OH(Zone 5a)

That was a great idea Pat, aaaaaaaaawesome picture:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AFRICAN-VIOLET-PLANT-PINK-WOOD-TRAIL-AMAZING-TRAILER-/230688669480?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35b61dbf28

Hopefully in a couple of weeks some starts will be good to go, will keep you posted

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.