Wanted Summer Poinsettia Seeds

Bedford, VA

I'm new to gardening. Moved to my new home 3 years ago, and lost most of my plants during the move. My great-aunt had a stroke the same week we were moving, and my plants died because I didn't get them replanted. :( I would LOVE some summer poinsettia seeds. I haven't been able to find any in the stores here. Willing to pay for them! Would gladly accept ANY seeds to help get me a garden going. Lots of flower gardens, very few flowers.

I have a butterfly bush, double rose of sharon, pampas grass, and what the neighbor said is a moon flower. It's invasive though! Willing to trade, but I don't have much to offer, and probably best if I could buy from someone.

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

If you will send a priority stamp, I will send you a summer poinsettia plant. Just put 'Summer Poinsettia' in the DG dmail, along with your REAL NAME and address in the body of the dmail. I am in the address exchange.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

What a sweet offer Kay. I can also send you some seeds for 2 stamps. I have sent you a dmail.

I would love to find a variegated Summer Poinsettia. Have seen them for sale on line but the postage is fierce. If I could find more than 1 plant I am looking for might be worth it. Each plant I want are at different places.

Picture taken yesterday.

Thumbnail by ilovejesus99

I haven't seen a variegated one - would like to get one, though!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

Kay you can find a picture here. It is really really pretty. http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/161663/

Oh, my - that is pretty! If anyone has a plant to trade, dmail me, please!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

I already dmail 2 people that had them on their trade list and they were nice enough to get back to me. On said theirs died and theother said they had none to share. :( I might have to bite the bullet and buy one. I just hate to pay postage but I may see if the places have anything else I have been looking for. I have located a chocolate plant from a lady in Houston about 50 miles from me but my truck recently blew a head gasket :( But it was and is great of her to offer.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

Whoops dmailed those who posted the pictures. I had no luck finding anyone on the trade lists that had any on their list.

Ilove - will the lady MAIL the chocolate plant to you? Mine rotted.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

I didn't ask as she said if I could come or someone else could pick it up if they were that way. I would love to find some seeds too. I am sorry yours rotted. Is it possible it made seeds before it rotted? I hope that maybe one day you walk out and have a surprise :) I have had several and they did not make it. I like it so much I am sure I will keep trying even if I never get it right.

Bedford, VA

WOW! What a wonderful group of people here. So willing to jump in a help, even a new bee! Thanks everyone for the offer! I've Dmailed ilovejesus99 and will Dmail KayJones now. Thanks to everyone else that sent Dmails to welcome me to the group as well. Been busy preparing flower beds aka removing WEEDS so I can get something going for the Spring. So excited.
Janice

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Once ou plant these you will have them everywhere - lol. We call tham Arizona Poinsettas here. They pop up everywhere! If anyone needs plants in the spring let me know. They have seeds now but I'm not sure when they are ready to harvest as I just let mine go and pull out the ones that come up in unwanted places.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.