Need Japanese Maple ID help, continued: JM No. 4 tree

Mid-Cape, MA(Zone 7a)

Need Japanese Maple ID help, continued: JM No. 4 tree

Thumbnail by CapeCodGardener
Williamstown, NJ(Zone 6b)

Where did you get all of these?

Springfield, IL(Zone 6a)

As said many times it is not possible tpo Id 99% of trees .. for those new to collecting KEEP TAGS ON .. and if planting out make a map and scan it into your friggin computer .. tags will break fall off or become unreadable you will never remember them and it is a waist of our time to even try to ID them . If you get a plant without a tag get a new one and put it on you should be able to do so by process of illumination from what you boughtt ... EASY if done right away ... If a seller sells you all untagged trees best to deep six them since they are selling you nothings.and are not trusteed sellers never buyn from themk again even if they are CHEAP ... the olsd saying youn usually get what you pay for. Davidsan

Mid-Cape, MA(Zone 7a)

"Where did you get all of these?"
Marie, these were given to me by a friend who got them originally from a very reputable California company called "Essence of the Tree." Unfortunately, my friend did not take care of the tags and they were lost by the time she offered them to me. Davidsan is completely right about how important is it to keep the IDs. I have contacted the company with photos to see if I can get more information regarding size and culture.

Williamstown, NJ(Zone 6b)

That was a nice gift, but the tags would have been nice...lol I guess you do have to know how tall and wide they will get so you know where to plant them. Also the type of light they need.

Springfield, IL(Zone 6a)

The onlky way Essence woll find them is if she bought therm all at once them maybe you can id them but I doubt it .. they are a new company at least by name and pricey and i know little more about them .than that. if she gave them to you you got pricey trees so take care of them and again who cares what they are called just enjoy them. Davidsan

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.