Need Japanese Maple ID, continued: JM No. 1 leaf

Mid-Cape, MA(Zone 7a)

continuing my request for ID help, JM No. 1 leaf

Thumbnail by CapeCodGardener
Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

there are several with this varigation - a spring pic will help a lot

Mid-Cape, MA(Zone 7a)

I'm hoping to get an ID from the place where the JM was purchased. As I look at the leaf I see what if probably some salt damage to the leaves from TS Irene. We had big winds, but no rain to speak of, to wash off the salt. Did you have any damage to your Japanese Maples from Irene?

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

no damage at all ccg

Springfield, IL(Zone 6a)

As said many times it is not possible tpo Id 99% of trees .. for those new to collecting KEEP TAGS ON .. and if planting out make a map and scan it into your friggin computer .. tags will break fall off or become unreadable you will never remember them and it is a waist of our time to even try to ID them . If you get a plant without a tag get a new one and put it on you should be able to do so by process of illumination from what you boughtt ... EASY if done right away ... If a seller sells you all untagged trees best to deep six them since they are selling you nothings.and are not trusteed sellers never buyn from themk again even if they are CHEAP ... the olsd saying youn usually get what you pay for. Davidsan

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.