Help with ornamental kale

Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

Has anyone had any experience with ornamental kale? I bought 6 good sized plants ( 3 white and 3 purple) and am trying to see how to plant them together to look their best. I have never had them before, but always thought they were so pretty in other people's yards when I see them! Pictures would be great if you have them! Here is a picture of them just set in one of beds, not planted yet. Please ignore all the dying foliage on things. I haven't got this bed cleaned up yet. I separated my sternum at work and haven't been able to do much of anything! My husband is gonna help me get these planted. Also, how long will they look good? Then do they just die and get dug out?
Thanks!
Sherry

Thumbnail by Sherrygirl
Jackson, MO(Zone 6b)

Sherry, so sorry to hear of your injury. Please take care and get well.
I have had ornamental kale in the past but don't have a picture. I planted mine where I would see them a lot over the colder months. I'm in zone 6 and we get snow. They lasted until about Christmas time if I remember correctly. I enjoyed them a lot because they were so colorful, and I could see them often as I walked by them. I just left them in the ground, and they basically turned to compost. Hope this helps a little bit.

Those plants are gorgeous and so big! They look really look nice where you placed them.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.