Distantkin's MIA Seed Round Robin

Saint Cloud, MN(Zone 4b)

Hi DG people, it's been 3 years since I have shared seeds in my round robins or with new members but I am back!
This Round Robin will be going across 4 websites so it will be HUGE! It is called the "2nd annual Greedy Geek Seed Round Robin" on other sites in case you are on other sites and you don't want to send in two enies LOL

Here is how to do it: Package your seeds up, stuff them in a bubble envelope, drop in return address label and return postage, seal the envelope up, and sent it to me. When I get your seeds, I will replace each pack with one you do not have, take the address and stamps you send and place them on the envelope. Seal it up and mail it back to you :) Most often, there will be even more seeds then you sent in.

Very few rules: No seeds from before 2010. No packs of "wild flower" seeds (there may be invasives to some in it). All packs must be labeled with what it is. Do not send money for postage, just postage please. Finally, HAVE FUN!! For traders who are mare particular about trading, this swap may not be for you. I want everyone to have fun and not be nervous that they are doing something wrong.

Normally, the large bubble envies take 5 or 6 stamps to return stuffed with seeds, medium 3-4, and the smallest take 2-3 stamps when fully stuffed.

This is a chance for new traders to see what Round Robin's are all about!! The exchange is one pack of your seeds for one pack of someone else's. People just wanting to share seeds are more then welcome to do so. Then everyone will be getting extra!

All evies need to be in my house by Nov 12th. Any questions please send me a message :o)
Now, it's been so long I hope I posted this right LOL

gieten, Netherlands

hello can people outside the usa enjoy also
i have alot of seeds
marjolein from the netherlands

Saint Cloud, MN(Zone 4b)

I really am not sure what the laws are for the Netherlands as far as seed trading, does anyone know??

gieten, Netherlands

whe have no customregulations so whe can receive seeds without problems and sent also
i trade a lot of years with people in the usa and have joy many seedswaps also no any problem whe have
but if you dont want this say it doesnt matter

good luck
marjolein

Saint Cloud, MN(Zone 4b)

After doing some research on the issue, anyone from the US receiving seeds is suposed to have a permit to do so. From the USDA site "Permits are required for the importation, transit, domestic movement and environmental release of Organisms that impact plants, and the importation and transit of Plants and Plant Products under authority of the Plant Protection and Honeybee Acts."

Then Transit Permits are required "to ship regulated articles into, through, and out of the U.S."

As I don't possess any permits, I think I will pass for now.

Citrus Heights, CA

I am in! I have also tons of seeds and will be happy to share and receive what others grow, I think it is great that we can broaden our seed base. I have more seed than what I have posted(just busy with new quilt shop venture) but will post more soon, thanks to all that are going to participate. Happy Gardening, Pat

Thumbnail by hollyhocklover
Saint Cloud, MN(Zone 4b)

We are now up to 40 participants- this will be so much fun! Everyone will get extra seed because most of mine will be just given away!

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Are you my Roby H?

Saint Cloud, MN(Zone 4b)

Hello Mittsy! Life is considerably better now that my youngest is out of the coma and on the way to recovery. I hope you are well. It has been a very long time.

8 envies in already, the variety is wonderful! Sign up here or send me a private message!

I just sent all my extras to Corey for the newbies but I do have paper plates with seeds drying all over the kitchen. I'll have Amsonia tab. Eastern Blue Star Willow, several varieties of Zinnia Elegance all open pollinated and very vigorous, more Hollyhocks than I could use in a lifetime and a few others, depending on how quickly they dry. I also have pods of Hosta that aren't quite dry but the Hosta are not tasty to slugs and snails as they are the only ones that still look good rather than lace like. I'll only harvest them if someone actually wants them, as i usually just dig out a small plant, as they self seed, I have them all over.

Creston, BC(Zone 5b)

Hi all
I am in Canada and would love to get in on some trades. Looks like I can't get in on this one, but does anyone know were I can find Canadian swaps other than at gardenweb's Canadian seed exchange?

Thanks
Sherrie

Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

I think I might try this one. Since I don't trade potholders, kitchen towels, teacups or scented candles this swap might be the one for me. Just send seeds in - and get seeds back. Okay, works for me.

So far I've got lots of sunflowers, scarlet runner "magic beans", Atlantic Giant pumpkins, tomatoes, and a few other odds and ends left over. If your swap is still open I'll box 'em up and send 'em in, just say when.

Al

Thumbnail by lycodad

She has to receive your envelope, seeds, and stamps by Nov. 12th. info is in the first post, last sentence.

Saint Cloud, MN(Zone 4b)

Thanks Mittsy! If anyone has questions, or can't find my address, please send me a message and I will get it to you. All seeds are welcome as I have many new traders joining in and I like to give as much extra as I can :)

Saint Cloud, MN(Zone 4b)

Just purchased some Heirloom tomato seeds to divvy up. Usually I get more flower seeds in then veggie and I want everyone to get a nice selection so Mortgage Lifter, Bloody Butcher, Rutgers, and a few others. I also just found my seeds from spring that I stashed away. Including Camassia leichtlinii - a blue and white mix. All going into the swap :)

I gathered some Rose of Sharon seed pods and filled my pockets. Can't be positive about the color as two trees have grown together and I'm not sure which are which. Both were beautiful when in bloom.

Saint Cloud, MN(Zone 4b)

Many seeds in the pot for "extras"!! Send 5 packs or 100! All will get extra seeds.

I am cleaning my seeds (from the Eastern Blue Star Amsonia) and packaging them with the picture in small zip baggies. 15+ seeds to a bag. Hope to get them done this week and mailed. The zinnias were a bust. Never had them get moldy before they had a chance to mature. Just too rainy this year. I checked my sisters double Rose of Sharon and no seed pods, maybe it is a hybrid?

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

I just found this posting, hope I'm not too late. I will mail my package out on Monday, just hope it arrives on time for the Saturday timeline. Got lots so will send as many as I can package between now and Monday am.. Always wondered why i saved so many seeds, now I have a place to do some trading. Yeah!!! Are we allowed to say we would like more of flowers than veggies. ? Are we allowed to post some of the things we might be looking for? Thanks, gotta get busy bagging my treasures Just currious, do most know that the better share of seeds cannot be started outdoors (perenns). Best catalog I am aware of for seed starting info is Thompson & Morgan seeds. It list which seeds can be started insitu or indoors with temps, light or dark, cooling periods etc. Catalogs are free and they have a web, think is listed as TMSeeds.com. Is a virtual bible for growers. Pix is from 2 years ago, one of two plant stands I built. Fun, fun, fun. Later, Kathy.

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy
Saint Cloud, MN(Zone 4b)

Too Late? NEVER :) Yes, please drop in a note about more flowers. No promises but I always like to try. I use a book called The Gardeners A-Z guide for growing flowers from seed to bloom, but I have seen the TM mag. Thanks for the tip :)

Saint Cloud, MN(Zone 4b)

Many people have requested I extend this swap. If you want to join, but are limited on time, please let me know and I can see what we can do :)

I mailed you my stuffed envelope and a little something Xtra just for U!

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Just wanted to let you all know we are having a discussion of flower seeds that can be started outdoors in the garden (reseeders are included). Might help those that are unsure. Kathy.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.