Does anyone have this Hydrangea?

Williamstown, NJ(Zone 6b)

I like the looks of this one. I saw it's picture.

Great Star hydrangea Gardeners are competitive—we love to be the first on the block with something new in our garden that leaves the neighbors talking.

The Great Star hydrangea (Hydrangea paniculata 'LeVasterival' Great Star) is your ticket to being a neighborhood standout. With flowers that grow up to 4 inches across, it's sure to turn heads and get people talking. Here's what you need to know about this beautiful bloom:

Common name: Great Star hydrangea
Botanical name: Hydrangea paniculata 'LeVasterival' Great Star
Plant type: Deciduous shrub
Zones: 4 to 8
Height: 6 to 7 feet
Family: Hydrangeaceae

Growing conditions
• Sun: Full or part sun
• Soil: Average, well-drained
• Moisture: Medium

Care
• Mulch: Mulch to preserve moisture in the soil.
• Pruning: None needed.
• Fertilizer: None needed.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Always worth a try. The paniculatas are great. I don't see much difference between this one and Unique, though. I love Unique, so I'm sure I would love that one, too.

Williamstown, NJ(Zone 6b)

I would be interested to try it myself, but will have to wait till it is available in a nursery.

Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

I just checked it out, Marie - what a beauty! I'm going to add one (or two!) in my shade garden to compliment the "Snow Queen" and "Limelight" varieties that are already established there. Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

They have it at White Flower Farm - $36.95 for a 1 gallon pot - kinda pricey, but I'll bet others have it too. I've ordered from a farm in Washington that specializes in hydrangeas in the past. I'll try to find their name and check to see if they have this.

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Wow!!! That is absolutely gorgeous. If you find them cheaper anywhere let me know!!!! :) just when i think i have enough hydrangeas..... Lol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.