What kind of tree is this?

Bridgewater, ME

When I planted this tree four years ago it was as tall as my granddaughters,every year they stand in front of it and I take a picture to see who grows faster,the tree is way ahead,LOL.It was about four feet when I planted it and now its 16 feet or more,it grows very fast.When the wind blows it has a silver color to it under the leaves.I was told its a sillver maple but its not,I did find our once what it was and it was considered a jjunk tree.I want to know the name of it becasue peaple keep asking me what it is.They grow all over here and if you have one you have all kinds of lttle ones growing under it unless you keep them mowed down.I hope someone can tell me what it is .

Thumbnail by green04735
Thomaston, CT

Looks like a silver maple to me.....

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Don't know any other that would have silver, except a Silver Maple, aka White Maple

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

can't tell with those kids in front of it:)

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

It sure has a maple leaf, and it looks like a silver maple. Why do you think it isn't a silver maple, Green?

Bridgewater, ME

I`ll take a picture of it tomorow without the kids,it was raining the day I posted and it was the only picture I had at the time.I`ll get some good closeups.Someone told me it was not a silver maple but I can`t remember what they said it was.I ordered silver maples a few years ago and they look nothing like this tree.

Bridgewater, ME

Here is the leaf on the tree,you can see that it is silver underneath

Thumbnail by green04735
Bridgewater, ME

Here is the whole tree that is starting to turn to its fall colors

Thumbnail by green04735
Bridgewater, ME

Here is a leaf from my tree that I know is a silver maple and the smaller leaf of the one that I am trying to find out what it is,this is the front of the leaf and i will post the back side

Thumbnail by green04735
Bridgewater, ME

And here is the back of both leaves.Hope someone can tell me what this tree is

This message was edited Oct 11, 2011 10:15 AM

Thumbnail by green04735
Bridgewater, ME

And here is a picture of my silver maple

Thumbnail by green04735
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Wow that white almost looks spray painted on, how cool...will do some research and get back to you

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

White Poplar?
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/1603/

Bridgewater, ME

Thank you for finding this for me.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

No problem

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.