Painting Techniques for T2T

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

I bought an old French Provincial dresser which I love and am using it as a buffet in my dining room. I actually have two of them in the dining room to store numerous items since I have very little closet space or cabinets. I also have another dresser I bought to use as a credenza in my office.

I'd like to find some pretty painting technique that is fairly easy to redo these pieces. I kind of like the crackle effect and have the crackle medium I could use. Or do you have other techniques that might be better suited for these pieces. I love the French Provincial style, and the original color of these pieces would have been perfect, but someone painted them white with black trim--Awful! I tried removing the top layer of paint to get back to the original paint but that didn't work out well.

What would be a quick and easy way to paint these dressers in a manner that might coincide with their French Provincial appeal. I thought about completely stripping them to bare wood and staining them to match my dining table and china cabinet, but that just doesn't seem right for the style.

Do you have any suggestions? Can you show some of the pieces you've done to give me some ideas? I love seeing what you guys do with your T2T.

Thumbnail by ButterflyChaser
This thread has 15 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!