Lingonberry, Wintergreen, Aronia, C.Kousa and Cinnamon Vine

Greensburg, PA

Annual seed offering of some decorative edibles.

I have the following seed for postage. Please be sure to read and follow directions below. All seed is fresh this fall and some is limited availability.

Lingonberry - germination tested in previous years - requires fermentation of seed - peat/sand mix - not for hot climates - needs acid soil, sun - open pollinated
Wintergreen - germination not tested - needs same conditions as Lingonberry, but shade not sun - suggest fermentation - mother plant self-fertile, lots of 1/2" fruit
Aronia - germination not tested - winter sow - self-fertile
Cornus kousa/Chinese Dogwood (very large edible and decorative fruit) - germination not tested - winter sow - self-fertile - beautiful spring and summer
Cinnamon Vine - store seed tubers on zip lock bags in warm place - plant when sprouting in the spring after last frost date - edible tuber, attractive vine - invasive in warmer climates

Directions:

Post your interest here in this thread. I will d-mail with address for you to send stamps.

I will send your request to you in a new bubble envelope. If requesting Cinnamon Vine or Aronia as a part of your request, you will need to send an extra stamp due to size.

1) Enclose 5 Forever stamps and a self-addressed label for me to use in your request fulfillment.
2) You MUST state your DG handle and what you are requesting in your request that is mailed to me.
3) Please do not request seed you do not really want just to fill the envy, so that I can send to others.

No requests after Oct 31, please.

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10b)

I am very interested in growing lingonberry and wintergreen. I would appreciate any tips on culture as well.

sun city, CA(Zone 9a)

i am interested in the aronia, chinese dogwood and cinnamon vine. thank you

Bulverde, TX

Hi! I am interested in the aronia, chinese dogwood and cinnamon vine. Thanks! :)

Greensburg, PA

Lingonberry and wintergreen seed, after several weeks of fermentation in a small (1-2 cups) amount of water, should be planted on the surface of a 50/50 peat/sand mixture. I use transparent plastic containers half-filled with the dampened mix. The container should be sealed to maintain humidity and placed under lights or a bright window that maintains room temperature. Seeds sprout irregularly over a few months and will grow in the container (sealed) thru the winter until they are several inches high. Then, slowly over time, allow to adapt to lower humidity by opening the container to the air for a gradually lengthening time. In the summer, after hardening off to dryer air, transplant seedlings into individual pots. Avoid sun for the wintergreen. Water regularly for best growth, but both wintergreen and lingonberry will tolerate dryer conditions once established.

Cinnamon vine should be stored sealed in transparent plastic bags while seed tubers are dry as damp conditions can cause rotting. When temps warm in the spring, seed tubers can be direct planted outside when warm or sprouted in bag and planted. CV sends deep roots, so if starting in pots, try to use deep pots. They wait until warmer conditions before starting growing, so don't give up on them. June is usually when I see mine.

Aronia and Chinese dogwood (C. kousa) should be winter sowed in an outdoor container, protected from mice, etc.

Greensburg, PA

'Quilts, Rising' and Pink', you have d-mail.

Belton, TX

I would to share in lingonberry, wintergreen, cinnamon vine and aronia...thank you for offering.

Florala, AL

Would love some wintergreen and cinnamon vine if you have any left.. thx

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.