Rain and More Rain and Mosquitoes!

New Bern, NC(Zone 8a)

Sure could have used some of this rain in July and August. So much to do outdoors, and it would be great to be pulling weeds in the soft ground and working on my long list of garden jobs. except the mozzies are swarming. Even a quick trip to the deck or porch sends me scurrying indoors. However, lush and green are back!
Entlie

This message was edited Sep 25, 2011 7:20 AM

Powder Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

Time to break out the mosquito repellent. Of course I never put mine up, just buy a new can when I run out.

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Lush and green and squish, squish .. 6 inches of rain in the last 2 days! Part of my yard is a bog and yes the skeeters are having conventions. Normally they don't bother me but today when I went to check the greenhouse they were all over me!

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

EeK Over 2 inches of rain in as many hours and it's still raining. Low areas are starting to pond in the backyard.

New Bern, NC(Zone 8a)

Rumors are that our county (Craven) does not have funding to spray for mosquitoes and wants FEMA to spray. I'm not sure if this is true. We can spray ourselves, but this daily rain would just wash it off.

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Entlie unfortunately it's true.

http://www.cravencounty.com/departments/hth/env/vectormgt.cfm

New Bern, NC(Zone 8a)

Thanks X. Just found out our development (Fairfield Harbour) will spray if this rain ever lets up.
Meanwhile, we are giving blood on a regular basis.

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

I feel your pain or should I say itches. We are getting eaten alive down here. The higher than usual tides are elping to hatch billions of marsh mosquitoes and they are little vampires.

Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

Every chance I get (when I'm home and it's not pouring), I'm making sure there isn't any standing water around us. Won't stop all of the little "suckers", but will help!
Of course, because of the rain, I've been able to wear my groovy rain galoshes, with the cherries,to work for the past three days!
Barb

New Bern, NC(Zone 8a)

Well at least you are stylish, Barbie :)

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

I am tired of the rain and all the ditches in Pamlico are full of standing water AHHHHHHHHHH
I can't hardly wait till we have a sunny day.

LOavina

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.