tea olive

Greensboro, NC(Zone 8a)

my baby tea olives have blooms : )
but i didn't realize this was the time of year for that....my daughter in Houston says they bloom very early spring.
I ordered O. 'Fudingzhu' from Logees & got 2 in the pot...don't you love that when it happens!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Dabney - I LOVE tea olive fragrance!! Mine generic one from Lowes has been blessing me with mini flushes the last few weeks....combined with the NBJ.....mmmm-mmmm

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Dabney - you need to let me know how you do with yours inside over the winter - or are you keeping that one outside? I'm going to be bringing the rest of my babies in (1st set already in) the next couple of weeks to include my NBJ and Tea Olive. I would be thrilled if I can keep the Tea Olive alive through the winter and plan on treating myself to a Fudingzhu if I'm successful....

Greensboro, NC(Zone 8a)

Chantell, i'm cheating down here..they are in my greenhouse....esp as they are still babies. But they will prob always be 'in'.

Duxbury, MA(Zone 7a)

I have had a tea olive for several years. I keep it in a pot (gradually bigger pot each year) and bring it out for the summer, put it in a sunny door in my bedroom for the winter. I LOVE the fragrance, you can smell it before you enter the bedroom. This summer it appears I may have lost mine. It dropped almost all its leaves and looks quite dead, I'm not sure what got to it. It's unusual to have a bug problem in the summer when a plant is outside. I usually have my problems in the hot dry winter air inside the house. Anybody have any idea what might have happened? Think it will come back?

Thumbnail by cindyeo
Duxbury, MA(Zone 7a)

actually, maybe it's scale, here's a couple leaves that recently fell off. But it looks different than the scale I get on my lemon tree. I do see one very small stem with some green leaves appearing, so I'm hoping it's not totally gone.

This message was edited Nov 9, 2011 11:29 AM

Thumbnail by cindyeo
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

cindy - are those little white patches on the leaves sticky to the touch?

Duxbury, MA(Zone 7a)

no, they are not sticky. When I get scale on my lemon tree, I get sticky sap all over the leaves and on the floor under the plant, but this isn't like that.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.