Fall Upon Us 2011

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Let's see your fall arrangements! Mostly I just have dahlias left here in the mts. of west md.

Thumbnail by haighr
Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Very lovely, Candee. Are your zinnias all gone? I should have some mums blooming in a month or so.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

I hardly had any zinnias this year. Something got all the seed and I seeded them 3x. I finally did some in pots but all that was left were the giant whites so not much color for arrangements this year. Thank goodness the dahlias are doing so well.
I don't have any mums, never had a good thumb for them as I managed to kill them all.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Mums need a lot of fertilizer adn dont like gettigntheir feet too wet through the winter. I only have a few varieties.. several I grow in a flower box that have wintered 2 years now and a very very hardy tall variety..

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Guess the fertilizer is my problem with them cause I sure can't keep them thriving. They will winter in our area as I see them all over the place, just not here!!!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

They like lotsa nitrogen.. have you tried them in containers???

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Yes containers and in the ground, think they just don't like me!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

I have one that is so hardy it is blooming now.. its very tall.. makes a nice vase flower..

302013, India

hi..
this is interesting to see your flower blooming because it is just the same feeling as our son become more older.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Welcome salbulba - nice of you to stop by and admire our vase arrangements. We are all lovers of dahlias.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

HI Salbulba, welcome!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.