So, this Bowiea not looking great?

Port Elizabeth, South Africa(Zone 10a)

I was looking at the other thread and wondered if I had issues?

Thumbnail by Little_things

How this for Dioscorea elephantipes babies?? I have 16 !! Very happy!

Beaucarnia babies

Dioscorea sylvatica

Dioscorea hemicrypta

Yardley, PA

Your babies look great! You are good at propagating. From the picture the I think you are right that the Bowiea is not look real good.

Thanks Sally, they are doing well so far. One nice thing about seeds, started off by looking for D. elephantipes, now I have lots of plants of 3 species!

As for the Bowiea, I was actually doing a bit of a trick...I was worried, but decided not to take it apart just reduced/stopped watering and started again about 3 weeks ago, little bits...and here is the result today...It got soft but I kept giving little bits of moisture, away from the bulb, until recently when I started doing a little more water and it tightened up nicely and there you go...its off and growing...I figured by looking at the other thread that it could be only the top layer being scarred and the rest should be ok...

Yardley, PA

Well you did a good job. That looks really good now.

I know nothing about these, I just tried my luck! Would not have known what to try without DG.

Phoenix, AZ

YAY! For your Bowiea!

I echo that! LOL!

Los Angeles, CA(Zone 10a)

Hi Rian, Did you remove the Bowiea's previous potting mix, almost like I remember hearing you do annually with your Haworthias? And then gradually coax it to regrow roots by keeping the root area humid but not wet?
--
dean
http://sentientmeat.net/ featuring Succulent Sunday plant mini-profiles, suggestions welcome!

This message was edited Nov 11, 2011 4:50 PM

Got it as year ago more or less, but I think I will keep in as is for a while. Not necessary to transplant haworthia every year, more important to realize what is going on underground.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.