Hummingbirds

Mooresville, NC(Zone 7b)

So do you think with this cool weather today and tomorrow the hummingbirds are going to take off for warmer areas or tuff it out? I sure do miss them when they are gone.

Conway, SC

I have always taken my feeders down the first of Oct. but a friend who I consider a pro with the hummers said to leave them up until the first of Nov. Considering that you are in zone 7 -- hold off for a few weeks. I call this friend a pro with the hummers because I have seen over 50 at one time to her many feeders. Unbelievable !!

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Hmm .. guess I'll have to make a new half batch of nectar then .. I usually take them down the first of October too.

Mooresville, NC(Zone 7b)

I guess I'll make up a new batch also and hope they hang around.

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

October 5th ..Still have them here ...

Thumbnail by IRIS
Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

Thumbnail by IRIS
Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

Thumbnail by IRIS
Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

Thumbnail by IRIS
Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

I just refilled my feeder. might not get any visitors though, since I don't keep it filled regularly.
Barb

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

I have black and blue salvia, Red salvia, And Morning glories that they still feed from inbetween the feeder

Thumbnail by IRIS
Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

I'm thinking they do visit, I just don't see them since I also have salvias and morning glories.
Barb

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

Yes, I bet you most likely do still have them, Just not seeing them as you said.

Mooresville, NC(Zone 7b)

Haven't seen one since last weekend. I'm guessing the cold spell encouraged them to head further south.

Summerville, SC

Iris, in Greenville, do you use a webcam to get these great hummingbird photos?

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

Hi gardenspot107, No, I don't use a web cam, I use an 18-200mm lens.

Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

I really need a decent camera. Sigh......

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.