Hard freeze here tonight

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

How is everyone doing? We picked all the tomatoes green and red and brought them in. I have three butternut squash in the oven baking now to warm up the house. The deer ate my fall display of pumpkins and a big basket of apples. :) The deer are all over the place eating all the fruit off the ground and what they can reach on the trees.

I'm glad it's going to warm up some. I have a feeling winter is coming early and I have so many fall chores to tend to. I do hope I'm wrong. I'd love to enjoy my flowers a bit longer. I've been redesigning some of my beds to more deer friendly plants. Got my cast iron outdoor furniture painted. Glad I put them in the garage. Still need to paint the other side of them.

Anyone been watching the Tigers? They're doing awesome.

My one free bird I got when I ordered chickens last spring turned out to be a beautiful rooster. I didn't really want a rooster but if he stays nice and not mean I'll keep him. Must cull the flock before winter. Hard to do.

So, what is everyone else up to? Any ideas for next year's gardens?

Brenda

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

hi Brenda trying to get stuff done also !! not ready for cold to set in yet its been a busy summer with grads and brides just 2 more weddings to go our granson gets married on the 24 of this month egads thats next weekend and then our daughter in Montana get married on the 25 th of October hope fully I get every thing done couse now its venison season !!!! so I work a lot this time of year !!!!! hope every one is doing great
gloria

Northern Michigan, MI(Zone 5a)

I can't believe it's over already. I had such nice blooms on my peppers. Mother nature is cruel =0/

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

I wonder if you put that pepper in a pot and brought it in the house if it would make the peppers you want? I lucked out at Glens today. On their markdown table they had bagged up about 6 huge red, orange or yellow peppers in a bag and marked it $2. I bought three bags of them. Came home and chopped them up and popped them in the freezer. I didn't really need more pepper. I grew a ton this summer but I love the red ones. They make everything so beautiful that you use them for.

Gloria, are you a meatcutter? I wish I had your skills if you are. We always take our deer up to Willets to be processed. I need two deer just to make my dogfood with for the upcoming year.

We're still working on cleaning out the garden. Got all the maters and cages out. Tomorrow we'll pull out all the vines and pick the butternut squash and pumpkins. We let the chickens in there today and they had a field day scratching around in all that loose soil. They love cherry tomatoes are there are about a billion of them on the soil. :)

We need rain real bad. I know downstate they got plenty but where I'm at we're dry, dry, dry, Tired of watering everything.

Gloria enjoy all the weddings.How the heck did your daughter wind up in Montana? :)

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

Hay Brenda ; yes I do cut meat for a living Not what I had in mind for a job but !! I don't know how she wound up there she hates winter !!!!! funny where life takes us our youngest son (41) live in up state N.Y. ????

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.