Borders in bloom - I love liriope!

Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

Years ago I planted a border of the common, dark green liriope along part of my patio. I love the look in the fall, as the blooms appear.

Thumbnail by LeawoodGardener
Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

Three years ago I added a variegated liriope border to the beds along my border garden.

Thumbnail by LeawoodGardener
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

So colorful!!!

suburban K.C., MO(Zone 6a)

I agree, Leawood has got a beautifully landscaped yard, a lot of work and planning went into it, you can tell. Altho, Leawood, KS. stole the AMC theatre headquarters from Kansas City, MO.! -
http://www.kansascity.com/2011/09/14/3142554/amc-moving-downtown-headquarters.html

Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

Hey! I can only take credit/blame for what happens within the borders of my own yard. I had nothing to do with the AMC move. I'm sure Stan Durwood is churning in his grave, since he kept their offices downtown and fought so hard for many years to make the Power and Light District happen.

suburban K.C., MO(Zone 6a)

Haha! We like going to AMC Mainstreet. Yeah, he would be churning in his grave. At least the historic theaters like Mainstreet aren't going anywhere, even if all the revenue and many employees are.
I saw The Last Airbender and Iron Man 2 there, the vibrating seats are awesome! If I ever do anything big like Durwood did, I'd hope my heirs or buyers or somebody would respect my wishes.
His efforts to bolster Kansas City's urban attraction, unfortunately, were ignored later. On a kinda better note at least China is upping what they buy from Missouri (agriculture) this year, they said on the Noon news from 1 billion dollars to 4.4 billion this year!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.