My Latest Fairy Garden

Wiggins, MS(Zone 8b)

This one is called "Lazy Days of Summer." I love the hammock and worn out lawn mower.

Thumbnail by joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS(Zone 8b)

The brick patio, flower pots and watering can came from www.twogreenthumbs.com.

Wiggins, MS(Zone 8b)

Arbor with gate and fence. Behind the fence, the blue tree on the left is an Elwoodi Cypress, light yellow/green tree on right is Monteray Cypress from www.twogreenthumbs.com and the small tree between them at the end of the path is an Hokkaido Elm from www.miniforest.com

Wiggins, MS(Zone 8b)

I like the look of the old lawn mower. And think the bunnies are so adoreable.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

South, TX

You did a wonderful job! Is there a bird in the birdbath? I LOVE IT!!!!

Wiggins, MS(Zone 8b)

Yes Sally there is a bird in the birdbath. I'm not on my own puter right now but when I get home I will post a close up photo of it. I think it's so cute.

South, TX

I have one of the fairies you do. I put a green bird on her hand since I have a green Parrotlet. She is a pretty fairy.

Thumbnail by Sallysblooms
Wiggins, MS(Zone 8b)

I remember your previous post, oh a year or so ago, of that fairy with the parrot. It was the inspiration for my fairy's canary! See... you made an impression!

South, TX

Oh, how nice. I love your canary!

South, TX

She lives here.

Thumbnail by Sallysblooms
Wiggins, MS(Zone 8b)

Sally here is a closer pic of the bird bath.

Wiggins, MS(Zone 8b)

You may be able to see in this pic that the bird is smaller than my fingernail.

South, TX

NICE clear picture!!!! SO very tiny. Thank you so much for showing me. :)

Wiggins, MS(Zone 8b)

Your welcome my friend

West Palm Beach, FL(Zone 10b)

where do you get some of the miniature stuff for your landscapes (like the hammock in another thread and the lawnmower in this one)?

on average, how deep are your containers? if they're really deep, do you fill the whole thing with soil, or just fill with syrofoam?

is there an instructional somewhere on how to get started?

thanks.

Wiggins, MS(Zone 8b)

SoFlaCommercial, When ever I start a new mini garden the first thing I do is go to www.twogreenthumbs.com and check out every thing on the site. I have gotten so many ideas from this sight, especially the photo gallery. It is owned by Janit and Steve Calvo who have been specializing in mini gardens for 11 years and they have been an invaluable help to me. This is the sight where I get most of my plants and many accessories, including the lawn mower. I don't remember where I got the hammock because so many sites had it listed as out of stock. I googled "dollhouse miniature hammock" to find it. Eight inches is the deepest container I have. Lack of room for plant roots helps keep then small - just like in Bonsai culture. With the dwarf plants there is no root pruning though. Janit Calvo also offers a beginers booklet on mini gardening. Anything I can do to help you with this wonderful, fun way to garden please feel free to contact me by dmail or on this thread. I love helping people with their mini gardens and spreading the word of mini gardens. Thanks for the questions!

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

What kind of soil, do you use?? Do you use tweezers?? I love your gardens so cute...

Wiggins, MS(Zone 8b)

Hi Charleen, I use a good container soil without fertilizer added as I don't want the plants growing fast. Just what ever good drainage soil I have on hand. Right now I have www.gardenersupply.com potting mix for selfwatering planters. Tweezers for what? I sometimes use hemostats for placing small items - is that what you mean? I just love miniature landscaping!

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Yep, that was the answer. Thank you.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

That is fantastic!!! You did a really great job on this with wonderful detail!

Wiggins, MS(Zone 8b)

Thank you haigar for the kind words. Sometimes I can't sleep at night because my mind is landscaping mini gardens. lol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.