Where in the World is Al (Tapla)?

SE Houston (Hobby), TX(Zone 9a)

Al,
This is an APB for the PBF thread. Please RSVP, PDQ, 10-4?

Your PBF-BFF,

Linda

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

I've been around here & there, L. I've just reordered my priorities a little to allow me more time to spend on my (bonsai) trees and in my own gardens, which means I don't get here as much (usually too tired by day's end). ;-)

When you called yesterday, I was on a road trip in southern MI, visiting nurseries with a dear friend of many years who is visiting the US after having abandoned me when she moved back to Sweden. I didn't recognize your number or I would have answered. It was only after I got home & checked the area code that I realized who it MUST be. ;-) Got your D-mail too. It's easier to answer your questions by phone, but if I don't here from you, I'll reply via D-mail. Skip the manure, though. It doesn't offer anything you can't get from fertilizer (except maybe weed seeds), and if (excess) water retention was previously an issue, the manure will almost certainly exacerbate it.

Great to hear from you, as always.

Al

Thumbnail by tapla

That is toooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute!

Glad to know you're ok!

Hugs,

Your PBF-BFF,

Linda

P.S. Out of desperation, I went back to Gardenweb and started reading the threads from part IV. I found a post where someone wanted to reuse your 511 mix a second season, and I zeroed in on your reply. I think I know which direction the old mix will be headed. Although, I was hoping not to have to sift through new PBFs. But, hey, the mix worked wonderfully well, so, I'll get on it this weekend. My seedlings are about ready to jump on a plate and be eaten!!!!

Too bad you don't live closer. Love to have you over for a home-cooked meal of mustard greens & rice, smoked turkey necks, fried chicken, and candied sweet potatoes. Louisiana Red Hot Sauce on the side. Still deciding on dessert!

Hugs!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Glad to hear that all went well, Linda, and that you're happy with how your efforts payed off. Sounds like you're on the right track.

Everything sounded good except maybe the smoked necks - not sure about that. ;-) TTYL

YPA

Thumbnail by tapla
Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Al, what is that beautiful variegated plant. I love variegated. Sharon in Las Vegas.

PS: High today of 85 and low in mid 70s. Beautiful weather.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

How do you feel about this unusual little Impatiens? ;-)

Al

Thumbnail by tapla
Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

I love the plant and the pot. :)

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Ever see one this small?

Al

Thumbnail by tapla
Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

That is adorable. Is that an Acorn nut shell?

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Mmhmm - Portulacaria afra (mini-jade) cutting growing in a Quercus alba (white oak) acorn cap.

Here's it's daddy.

Al

Thumbnail by tapla
Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

That is very delightful. Looks like a lot of work but a whole lot of fun.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Lol - it has its rewards - if nothing else, it keeps me off the streets & out of the bars. ;-)

Al

Thumbnail by tapla

Spectacular, Al!

And, it keeps you off the computer....Did you get my last email?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.