Joyce has invited you ALL to help her lift her Spirits.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

OK I talked to Joyce today and she had a request.

She asked me to invite you ALL to a Picnic at Her Place.
Either October 1st or 8th.
She said she's had a horrible Summer and wants to kick back and be surrounded by her Gardening Friends.
So if you are interested in helping to lift Cookie's spirits let me/us know which date works better for you.

Ric

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Please come...the more the merrier, and I need some merry right now!

I M SOOO THERE GUUURLLFRIEND ! you all know i will be thar.
do i bring apples and cider ?

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Absolutely!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

October 1st.
What time Joyce?

so i take it i bring both ?
Hey has anyone talked to Di ?

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

We are planning on being there...depending on my tests the 29th.....hugggs....let me know what to bring!

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

What works best for everyone time wise? Just let me know and I'll be there....(Sue....24 hours earlier for you!)

you got that right girl.
i can bring some BBQ wings
or chicken nacho's

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

and Cider!

yes cider too
Ric you doing the ice cream ?
i

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

I can do some ice cream.
Haven't made any in a while.

Probably a pot of Sloppy Joe.

i m thinking
crock pot chicken nacho's !

South Point, OH(Zone 6a)

We'll be there as well. Can bring fresh figs (if the frost does not get them). And something else. All the above sound great.

Hope you are doing much better physically, Joyce.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

LOVE Figs!

oh i call dibs on figs too !
hooray Ester and Bob are coming.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Well, GREAT! So what time are you all planning. Bring your gardening gloves with you cause no one leaves without pulling a weed!!!!

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

I am still hoping to be able to come! If I do, would anyone like some hellebore seedlings? I have quite a few. I don't have pots or soil, so I would pluck them out of the ground the morning before I drive down.

I have no clue what to bring to eat. With driving as far as I will, it makes it harder!

i would like some hellabores.
I wouldn't worry about food . we will have enough for everyone
i don't know what i m bringing ? beyond apples, cider
maybe some chili ? and tater tot casserole ? big pot of beans
apple dumplings too.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Bertie is bringing chili...I thought I might get some hotdogs.

So does noon sound okay to everyone? We'll eat when everyone gets here.

i believe we are going to have lunch around noon. I talked with Joyce and we think that is the best time for lunch
i have BBQ sammys
chips and some dips
salsa and chips
i could only get 2 gal of apple cider but no apples ? we ran out of apples by the time i was off work. My boss was a bit irritated that i asked for 5 gals of cider ?
i said it was for a friend and don't expect a discount so what is the problem but ???? he griped... so i got only two .

LOL Cookie we cross posted Hehehehee

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Great minds!

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

I posted on the "other" forum, but thought I would add it here.

As of right now, I would say I won't be coming. My mom was not feeling well at all today. I was worried enough that I didn't go to the grocery and leave her here. If she feels a lot better tomorrow, I'll come, even if she does not come with me.

Ever since her carotid artery surgery in August, she's not bounced back. Well, maybe halfway back. The doctor (surgeon and family doc) say she has to give it more time. Her memory and concentration improved SO much after the surgery - that was wonderful. But she's just not been herself.

If I am not there by 11 or 11:30, I won't be coming. Please give Joyce a big hug in case I can't do it myself.

If I can come, and I come by myself, I'd probably bring Josie, if that is OK. I might only stay for a couple hours, but I would love to see everyone! Hope it is not raining! If I don't have to get up really early to fix food to bring, that will be a big help! Especially since we didn't get to the grocery today!

And, I'll try to dig up a Penny's Worth Daylily that can be divided among anyone who wants it.

I really want to come! I will go now and see if I can find Joyce's address in my d-mails.

sure hope you can make it , yes bring josie. I will have Lucy with me. She will be most likely to hide under the dinner table LOL
don't worry about bringing any food.
i think we got it covered.
hope mom is feeling better.

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Dave n I are planning on being there! I made pumpkin bars.

South Point, OH(Zone 6a)

So glad I checked this threads again, I thought we were meeting at 2 pm! Wonder how I got that impression.

I made cinnamon rolls - I was thinking afternoon snack type stuff?

i m running late

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

And THAT would be different how? LOL!

LOVE those Rolls Esther!

Well it appears the forecasted Sunny and Cool has changed to Cloudy and Cool.

So maybe by saying that the Sun WILL peek out!

See you all Soon!

This message was edited Oct 1, 2011 9:03 AM

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Sounds like our sweet tooth will be covered!! Looking forward to seeing you all!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

We decided not to grace/disgrace you with our appearance. Since it's going to be cold and damp, I didn't think you needed 8-9 more bodies in your house. LOL Carly's still in a cast, she went to watch her volleyball team. Craig has to work at 3 and Kristenne has several projects due at school Monday. Sorry we'll miss you all.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Sorry you couldn't make it Chele!
There was plenty of room even w/ Lucy under the dining table. LOL!
Sadly Julie couldn't join us either.

Plenty of Great Food (blew everyone's diets!) and Conversation!
Good some good leads on what worked and what didn't plant-wise.
Wish the weather had been a bit more cooperative but it was still a Wonderful visit.

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Yessssssss!! Sorry to all that couldn't make it. We had a really really good time! Thanks to Joyce for her hospitality and sharing her home...and her dining room table...LOL!!
Great food..great friends...couldn't ask for more!! It was really good to see you all!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.