Maple Leaf Hydrangea Doesn't Bloom

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Can someone give me care instructions to get this plant to bloom? I have had it for two years, it is about 1-1/2 ft. tall and has beautiful foliage. Just no bloom. HELP!!

Sorry, I posted on the wrong forum. If you can help, that is okay too.

This message was edited Wednesday, Oct 17th 3:52 PM

Hi Brugie' From what I'm learning,they need to be a certain age before blooming,be patient,lol' Sis'

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Thanks Sis, Guess I'll just have to wait and watch.

You're welcome'

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Okay, I'm intrigued. A maple-leaf hydrangea? I have oak-leaf hydrangea and I'd like to have a maple-leaf viburnum, but I've never heard of a maple-leaf hydrangea. Do you know the botanical name?

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Okay, got my trees mixed up. Didn't even notice that. Sorry and hope I didn't get your hopes up too high!!

:-)

Shirley

Too bad! Hey, if you come up with one, I bet you could make a fortune off it!!!!

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

I'm hoping for a bright red or blue brugmansia first and then I'll work on the MAPLE LEAF Hydrangea!! :-)

By sheer coincidence, I had someone try to tell me my Hydrangea quercifolia was a "Maple-leaf Hydrangea" (or a Maple-leaf variety of H. quercifolia. I had forgotten all about this thread until I did a Google search for "Maple-leaf Hydrangea" to prove/disprove that such a critter even exists, and up popped this thread :o)

I still don't think there is such a thing, even if I am growing one, lolol!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.