Semi Hydroponic, complete

South, TX

I just changed all of my violets to semi hydroponic. It worked so well with our orchids and one of my violets that was almost dead. She is now gorgeous. Hubby and I did all of the repotting. Hope they continue to do well. So far so good. Just a couple more to do, ran out of material.

I need to get pictures. I wish I had taken a pic. of the almost dead one before. I have been ill as you know so it is not easy to do all the time.

I can't keep repotting in soil and I wanted an easier way.

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Sounds interesting. What did you use to pot them in? Did you use a gritty mix or hydroton? I'm tempted to try, but only have a few big enough to try it on. Most of my other violets are just babies.

South Bend, IN

I had mixed success with semi-hydro and AVs. The plants that I transplanted did fine, so long as they had a root system to start with. I had one that I ended up having to lop the head off, and re-root. That failed pretty miserably.

South, TX

This is one of the plants in the medium. I get the supplies at First Rays.

http://www.firstrays.com/primeagra.htm

Thumbnail by Sallysblooms
South, TX

Here is the almost dead violet that had few roots. It is doing great! I am really happy.

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

They both look good. Sally, I haven't been on this forum for a while and just realized who you were. You post such beautiful pictures of your violets. How are you feeling? I remember you weren't in the best of health and you hubby took over caring for your beautiful violets. I believe you had moved at that time also. It's good to see you posting again.

South, TX

Hi, Ima! Yes, I have had CFS for 19 years, but after surgery, I started having P.O.T.S. Postural Orthostatic Tachycharia Syndrome. Dysautonomia. The Autonomic Nervous System doesn't work right, it controls SO MUCH of what we do. Heart beats fast when standing and the blood will not stay in the head/heart, so that means I cannot walk much or the blood goes down and I feel faint and horrid. It is awful. Thank goodness I am better, but it is hard to get better from. I have good doctors and supplements.

Yes, hubby took complete control of everything, including my violets. An angel!

This message was edited Sep 9, 2011 7:10 PM

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

OMG, Sally. You are lucky to have a husband who is there for you. I hope you have 99% good days, and only 1% bad. I'll pray for you. I'm happy to see you posting again. Do you still make those gorgeous pictures of you plants? I tried to learn how to do lit, but gave up. I just look for yours and admire the tenacity you have to make them. I did not find it easy at all.

South, TX

Ima, I take fewer photos, ha. But I do have FUN with my photos for sure.

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Oh Sally. You are so artistic. That is so precious. I love it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.