My new heuchera

Lake Stevens, WA

I would like to show some of my new heuchera from I love hostas. This one is 'Pear Crisp'
I like the ruffles on the leaves.

Thumbnail by springcolor
Lake Stevens, WA

"Berry Marmalade'

Thumbnail by springcolor
Lake Stevens, WA

'Cajun Fire' Very Red

Thumbnail by springcolor
Lake Stevens, WA

'Alabama Sunrise' Do any of you have this one. Where is the red? Would it be another one that turns in the fall?

Thumbnail by springcolor
Lake Stevens, WA

This is new fron Darwin the Kira group. Kira 'Autumn is on the left and Kira 'Temperate Green' on the right. The flowers are nice. Larger than most.

Thumbnail by springcolor
Lake Stevens, WA

'Hollywood' The leaves look funny on this one turned under. Bugs or just the look of the plant?

Thumbnail by springcolor
Lake Stevens, WA

'Spellbound' This one will be interesting to watch for color change. Not to much like Terra Nova pictures. Looks a lot like 'Plum Royal'

Thumbnail by springcolor
Athens, PA

Spring

very nice. I love the different colors you have chosen. I am betting Alabama Sunrise is like my Sunspot and shows more red with the change in season.

Royal Oak, MI(Zone 6a)

I rescued an Alabama Sunrise this spring, and it looked similar to yours. The Plantfiles pics that show the vein color were all taken in September and October, so I'm sure you're right on the fall color theory. No new pics, so here it was June 26.

Thumbnail by Eleven
Lake Stevens, WA

Show some of your others if you have pictures. Looks like your AS is in shade. How much sun do you think it gets?

Athens, PA

Spring

where did you find French Quarter? That has been on my really want list....

Lake Stevens, WA

Hi Carolyn
I bought that from Eminece Meadows 3 years ago. Peach Keen is much prettier. French quarter almost died this winter. If it ever grows you can certainally have a peice. Right now it is still recovering. I took a piece of it last fall for a trade. (never got my plant)Win some loose some, but I did learn to take cuttings in the spring not the fall.
I took some sedum cutting a few weeks back. Were you wanting some? I think it was you. Might be wrong.

Athens, PA

Spring

I took a look at Eminence Meadows - they have a lot of gorgeous varieties.

I can also see why you like Peachy Keen. I like the different colors. It reminds me of my Color Dream with all the different colors.

I would definitely be interested in F. Quarter in the Spring. I beleive have some that are on your want list as well.

It might have been me with the sedum as I vaguely do remember something. I have a lousy memory. DH tells me it is the Zocor ^_^

I was thinking it would be nice to try to get a heuchera hoedown going in the spring. I think last Spring you and I were the only ones that were interested.

Carolyn

Lake Stevens, WA

Yes I remember that. I think we sould D-mail each other as I sure would like 'Cool Dream'. Can you post a picture?

Ottawa, Canada

Spring, I like the ruffles on 'Pear Crisp' too. I haven't seen it in the garden centers here. Here's a picture of my 'Hollywood'. I'm afraid I've neglected it but it has survived under a lilac standard where it doesn't get much sun. I intend to treat it to some compost soon and intend to move it in the spring. To me the leaves of 'Hollywood' look a lot like those of 'Silver Scrolls'. The foliage on my 'Silver Scrolls' is bigger and of course the flowers are white.

'Hollywood'

Thumbnail by irawon
Ottawa, Canada

'Silver Scrolls'

Thumbnail by irawon
Lake Stevens, WA

Yes they are similar but I think 'Hollywood' will have big flowers. I'll have to look that up. How long have you had 'Hollywood'? 'Pear Crisp' is just comming out this fall. I got mine from I love Hostas on line. I have bought a lot of the newer ones from them and some from Premium Plant Plugs.

I just love these plants, foliage nut here! Since I'm zone 7 I use them in pots then in the spring and summer fill with annuals. Cuts down on the amount of plants you buy every year to fill pots. Also, the pots never look bare.

Ottawa, Canada

Spring, I've had 'Hollywood' since 2007. It's survived despite some neglect.

Lake Stevens, WA

Good to know! Sounds like a tuff one! These new ones will go into the greenhouse for the winter and then out for spring.

Agawam, MA(Zone 6a)

You both have wonderful collections. Once again I have to add to my wish list.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.