CT Summer Blooms.

Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

Have not been able to get my photos that I have been taking all summer of my blooms. Now that I have had some time, here we go. Bear with me.... It may take a while.

This one I dedicate to John, for he is the reason I got this one... Misbehavin. If you can get your hands on this one, DO IT~! It is amazing!!!!!

~Kristen

Thumbnail by blupit007
Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

Along with Misbehavin, Vin Extraordinaire is also my favorite. Neither is an easy one to get ahold of I think. I love them!

Thumbnail by blupit007
Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

Since Im on a roll for my favorites, here is Blue Ballerina. I should have named this topic My Favorites!

Thumbnail by blupit007
Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

One bloom so far from Bienvenue.

Thumbnail by blupit007
Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

Good morning City Slicker

Thumbnail by blupit007
Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

City Slicker on day two.

Thumbnail by blupit007
Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

Another unbeatable new favorite of mine... thank you Mike... Erin Rachel

Thumbnail by blupit007
Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

An extremely blue and brilliant My Blue Heaven.

Thumbnail by blupit007
Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

This is more the typical look I get from My Blue Heaven. Photo taken in the heat. Last photo was taken after Hurricane Irene and the temps are much cooler.

Thumbnail by blupit007
Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

Bienvenue... again, thanks Mike

Thumbnail by blupit007
Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

Belle du Jour... Awesome!

Thumbnail by blupit007
Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

Gabriel

Thumbnail by blupit007
Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

Misbehavin, Vin Extraordinaire, & Love Story

Thumbnail by blupit007
Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

A dramatic Moonstruck... giant bloom, crazy lighting...

Thumbnail by blupit007
Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

Sleeping Beauty in the morning

Thumbnail by blupit007
Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

Sleeping Beauty on day two

Thumbnail by blupit007
Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

I think this is Stolen Kiss... or Bette Evans... What do you think?

Thumbnail by blupit007
Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

A constant bloomer Thanksgiving.

Thumbnail by blupit007
Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

Zoey... like at 2". First bloom

Thumbnail by blupit007
Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

Group shot 1

Thumbnail by blupit007
Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

Group shot 2

Thumbnail by blupit007
Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

Group shot 3

Thumbnail by blupit007
Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

Two favorites, Ruby Tuesday & Cindy's Heart

Thumbnail by blupit007
Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

Morning Voodoo Queen & Rum Runner

Thumbnail by blupit007
Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

same two blooms, but in the afternoon

Thumbnail by blupit007
Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

Gator Pride

Thumbnail by blupit007
Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

An absolute favorite, Ruby Tuesday

Thumbnail by blupit007
Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

Morning Rum Runner

Thumbnail by blupit007
Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

Another favorite Space Oddity

Thumbnail by blupit007
Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

Saffron loving it up!

Thumbnail by blupit007
Kenner, LA

Lovely images... What a blast of colors.

I am not sure how Betty Evans looks like, but my Stolen Kiss looks a little different than the image you posted. The link is posted below.

http://hibiscusforum.com/media/kunena/attachments/85/StolenKiss.jpg

The morning City Slicker is just gorgeous, no doubt he is slick rascal :)

Looks like you are having a blast.

Blackshear, GA

Absolutely beautiful! What do you do with them during the winter?

Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

Thanks Maj... I am having a blast for sure! Glad to see blooms. My plants were all babies last year, some still are, so not too many blooms until now!

GA, I stuff them into every crevis I can find that the sunlight hits in my house. Im not gonna lie... its not always pretty... and this year I have MANY more, and they all GREW a TON! I caught my husband counting them the other day... that can't be good... :O)

Kenner, LA

Kristen,
You just have a breathtaking collection. Next time you prune, I would like to beg some wood of Misbehavin and Vin Extraordinaire. Can't find them anywhere on sale. I don't have that big a collection to offer you anything in exchange except postage and whatever you think is fair. Most of my plants were bought this year, so they are still babies. Otherwise, I would have at least tried. Well, Mrs. Jimmy Spangler and Creole Lady will get some pruning later in the year, so let me know if they catch your fancy.

Thanks.

Ventress, LA(Zone 8b)

Bulbpit, as always you have a spectacular show. We love the pics.

Huber Heights , OH(Zone 5b)

Hi Kristen,

All your blooms look great, for some reason I thought Vin Extraodinaire was a mini your's looks huge. About what size is it?

Patrick and Donna

This message was edited Sep 10, 2011 1:28 AM

Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

Patrick, VE is about 6-6.5" in these photos, which is big for this cv. It is typically a 5-6" bloom, here is the info http://www.hiddenvalleynaturearts.com/acatalog/vinextraordinaireinfo.html
It seems pretty happy in CT. I hear it is a slow bloomer, but I have had it only a month and had 4 blooms on it. Once they all passed, I thought it would be a bit for another, well, I now have 4 or 5 more buds forming! It is also growing nicely. This is one that will need to be in my parents home to winter as my home only stays in the 60's all winter. It is the one cv that will not like the low temps, to the point that it will probably die. VE is so hard to get, I couldn't take that. My parents home is SUPER bright year round (live on the beach) and they keep it warm, like most people... haha!

Maj, thanks for the offer. I was in your shoes one year ago. I know how it feels to see everyone's beautiful blooms and want them all! Believe me. I am compulsive, so now I have too many! haha.. That being said, I have both cv's that you offer. And I would be more then happy to give you wood from both of these, however, having only started my collection last year, they too are still too small to cut. (not to mention that VE will not propagate easily, which is why there are not too many around, pretty sure it needs to be grafted carefully)

Peg, thanks for the wonderful compliment!
~Kristen

Kenner, LA

Kristen,

Great collection and you are correct, it makes one want more :)

Have fun.

Ft Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10a)

Nice collection of photos Kristen. You must be pleased with your collection. Having a year or two of experience with them now makes things so much easier, doesn't it. I still have Misbehavin" in my collection as well. Not one to remove if trying to keep your number of plants under control.
Jon

Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

Hi Jon,

Long time!! How is everything? No, Misbehavin is never leaving me! I made a list of 10 that I will keep forever if it comes down to really downsizing. It is a great one! Do you know if it roots on its own? Or is it one that needs to be grafted?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.