Phal orchids - where to buy online?

Lindenhurst, NY

I was wondering if there are any really good sellers of phal orchids?

Any good ebay sellers or online nurseries who have good quality plants at ok prices?

thanks,
Maureen
p.s. would i be better off just going to trader joe's for these orchids?

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

There are really good Phal growers out there but I need time to get names. I stopped growing Phals a number of years ago because my growing conditions changed. DM me a reminder and I'll dig around. In the meantime, unless you are looking for species Phals or fancy hybrids "ok prices" are best found at HD, Lowes and Trader Joes.

Phals are very undervalued because of their mass marketing. If you are a good houseplant grower, and attend to their needs, they are wonderfully rewarding orchids to grow. Consider then moving on to more demanding Phals. If you continue to be interested in these orchids, and do make an investment in something more expensive, I'd recommend you do it in spring or summer and not going into the more challenging months in your area though. For those who live northerly they are more tolerant, and can be more easily accommodated to winter house conditions than many other orchids.

Lindenhurst, NY

HI Maypoplaurel - thank you so much for this info above. I did get me great recommendations on GW forum, but with shipping the orchids are just way too much for me to spend. A nice man is going to get me some phals from Zuma orchids. I have seen some nice ones in trader joes too. but they usually carry dendrobiums around here. Phals are just the easiest to get to bloom in my conditions.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.