Purple Mesa from seed

DeLand/Deleon Spring, FL(Zone 8b)

Seed grown Purple mesa is doing very well here.
I've been pleasantly surprised with both it and the Scarlet Mesa, tho the Purple is doing a bit better than the Scarlet. I'm thinking being seed grown Purple was able to acclimate better.

This message was edited Sep 3, 2011 6:04 AM

Thumbnail by mjsponies
London, United Kingdom

Nice to see a message on this site........thought it was becoming defunct!

Robin, I think this has just been a tough year for a lot of folks. I check in here often, but don't see a whole lot happening. I certainly have had my trails and tribulations with Salvia's and Agastache's this year. None are "acting like normal" !!

sun city, CA(Zone 9a)

i have lost almost all mine in the heat. so discouranging.

Arlington, TX

I lost all my Agastaches but most of my salvia are fine.

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

My salvias are doing ok, in spite of the drought. We are still 10" down in rainfall. Of course I have watered all summer... And mine get some shade.

Nowra, Australia(Zone 10a)

Hey, saw this and thought what drought?
Over in Eastern australia ( we live 15 mins from the coast) we have had better than average rainfall, so thats where your rain went!
All my salvias have been doing very well, i have muirii in full bloom next to a white daisy and it looks great.
The only dissapinting one has been one just called "Superior Purple". Looked a bit like a dark purple Christine Yeo but not good vigour.
Anyone know it?
Hope the rains come back for you guys
Gary

Townsville, Australia

Salvia superior purple is one that Sue Templeton named,from memory it was grown from
Christine Yeo seed albeit the resemblance.Salvias are thriving here and superior purple is coming into bloom now for me.

Annette

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Hi GG... thanks for sending a little of that rain back to the south...LOL

Candor, NC

Here is a shot of my Mesa Purple, set against the Rock House. I like this form because it is erect and has nearly normal sized greggii/microphylla flowers. I don't have a bed to try it outsides for hardiness, though. The vendor I bought it from claimed the Mesa series wasn't hardy in North Carolina.

Thumbnail by Rich_dufresne

Here's a shot of my Purple Mesa grown from seed. I've been very happy with both it and the Scarlet Mesa I purchased as a plant. The Purple is a bit taller, except for August, when it was so hot and no plant/animal or human was happy, they have performed wonderfully and now that it's cooled off they are really happy !

Thumbnail by mjsponies

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.