Starting new project

Henderson, NC(Zone 7b)

I got 2 chairs from a yard sale to replace the 2 that were stolen from my yard. The thief left the table, probably because all 3 pieces wouldn't fit in the car. The set was a cast aluminum bistro set. One that I had for years and really liked. Anyway, I found 2 chairs that I want to re do to go with the table. (they don't match, but will make do) Today I went to the place that cuts granet & marble and asked if I could get pieces they would normally throw away. I was told I could get all I wanted today and any day that I wanted to come back for more. OK, my plan is to use the granet to make a small sitting area (where the chairs were stolen) and using just a touch of concrete, lol, you get the picture, not going to be so easy to take these chairs or the table. This will require probably more work than I anticipate, not...I know I have to level the ground, get sand, and I will use the tiny river rock to make a path going to the area because the granet will be to slippery to step on. Well, started today sanding the chairs.

Thumbnail by dahtzu
This thread has 60 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!