Surprises that make you smile

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I think we need a happy thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share some surprises in your garden or in life that has made you smile.

Thumbnail by flowAjen
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

The biggest surprise in my life, when I found out I had a girl.....There was only 1 girl among the kids my brothers and sisters had so we were shocked to find out we had had a girl

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Biggest surprise in the garden when my gladiolus came back

Thumbnail by flowAjen
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Same here Jen, this is another one that made it thru 2 winters. :)

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Thomaston, CT

Happy & surprised not one branch fell in the yard.....and the rain from Irene has produced a huge crop of mushrooms!

Thumbnail by ROBINDOG
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Pretty, Celeste
and what a pretty mushroom!!!!

Thomaston, CT

And probably so very poisonous!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

well it didn't make me smile.. but I am sure you guys will be rolling reading about it... made my morning coffee... watching the news... got close to the bottom of the cup and saw something in my mug.. once I realized what was there.. almost spit it all over the living room.. one of the dogs must have put there nylabone in my cup... UUUGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH HOW GROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.. but I can say it was a surprise.. LOL... I did see there was a splash on the table it was on... but figured it spilled it when I put it there... if this is how my day is going to go.. I am not going outside!!!... LOL

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

They shared! :)

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

Hope had a guilty look... UGH

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Not Hope!!! LOL

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

This made me smile yesterday, thought all my poppies were done.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I know.. I know.. the little angel

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

those are pretty!!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I've been saving the seeds and noticed a clump of whites blooming away.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Well, she DOES have the cutest little "NOT ME" face. LOL

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

yes she does.. how neat .. now you can have more seeds!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Can picture Hope trying to dunk her bone in your coffee...like when a cookie breaks off when your dunking it

Pretty poppies

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Nice thread, love the tooth fairy picture!! So cute about the bone, Allison! Marilyn - that really is a beautiful mushroom! We have never seen so many shrooms along the lake where we walk as there are this year. Thankfully, the girls are just passing them by w/out any interest! Celeste and Jen - I have had one glad make it through the winter here, but I never got them in this year at all. My surprise? ....that I can actually type a bit with my little finger! lol

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I am guessing she dropped the bone in while trying to drink from my mug Jen.. LOL think you got it right

New Hampshire, NH(Zone 5b)

That must've been a large cup of coffee!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

oh just a little bone.. LOL

New Hampshire, NH(Zone 5b)

I guess I'm used to the nylabones my late German Shephard used to eat. :)

Thomaston, CT

That is too funny, Allison! Pixie, I love the white poppies. They really glow....Louise, it is a great year for mushrooms. Hope my dogs also pass them by....I caught Robs with an apple that dropped from the tree.....he wouldn't give it to me, & they make him sick!

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

I have friends coming in two weeks and I have to do major cleaning. I was going through the bookcase that houses my boxes and tins of beads. (Long story as to how there came to be this many . . .) I moved in the is house 7 or 8 years ago and was missing a favorite necklace - thought I had looked everywhere for it. Darn if I didn't open a tin and find that necklace tonight! Yay! I found several other necklaces that I had forgotten about, too.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I know that one.. put it in a safe place so you don't loose it.. and have no idea where it is

Thomaston, CT

Happens here regularly!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

We say "The Wood Nymphs have been here again!" when something goes missing.

I blame it on the cats.

Celeste - I put the cat with sunglasses you gave me on the floor and Wallingford started sneaking up on it. He wasn't sure if it was another cat or not. Haha!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

LOL Wish I was a fly on the wall to see that!!!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

LOL

I was pretty funny. He had his tail cocked at the angle where he could put it straight up and do Halloween kitty at any moment.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.