Happy Birthday Digger!!!

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Wishing Sally many many more!!!! Love you sweetie! Where are yu by the way?

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Happy BD, Sally. Hope you're in settled back home. Maybe a hot night out at the Chinese buffet?

Lula, GA

Sally, Sally, it's your birthday!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!
Have a wonderful celebration~
Love ya!
~Brenda

Brenda, I still have your birthday hat. In other news the Lycoris is starting to bloom. I planted it in the flower bed at the entrance to the garden. Hope you and Sally come visit soon.

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

Boldog szuletesnapot, Digger, I bet you never got a Hungarian greeting. Wish you good health and happy days ahead and hope you garden bloomes forever. Greetings to all Ga. gardeners. Etelka

Dahlonega, GA

Man, you guys are super . I've had more greetings from my D G'ers , here and on D mail than I've had from family and in laws. thank all of you . No, never had a Hungarian greeting , but now that I have , I love it .
For the first time in almost sixty years , I am without a drivers license . I went in to change mine to Georgia last week and this 9-11 has made everything so tough on everybody . They say I have to provide a track of all my marriages from my maiden name to my name at the present , to prove I am me .Marriage license or divorce decrees . Actually , I have those records , but they are in a metal box in Texas. Couldn't keep my Louisiana license and renew on line because the renewal slip never reached me and I have to mail it in later . Would have to go in the office in person . I checked Texas law and I have to have a VALID license to turn in , and mine expired yesterday , or take a driving test plus the written test (no problem there )take the test in a Texas licensed car with Texas insurance on it. ( no problem there , got family and friends there )
All my weekends are taken up the next four weekends. I'd love to visit , but it would be a weekday and Johnny has been asked to fill in the next few weeks for an employe that was let go . I can't chance it and drive.
Other than that , everything else is normal in my life except I had a headache all day yesterday and spent the day sleeping . That's a good thing , the sleeping I mean . All is back to normal today .
And how was your day ?

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

ARRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!

Dahlonega, GA

Tee Hee , sorry I asked .We're having a cookout Sun . come up if you like . it's at Johnny's D S's house

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8a)

Happy Birthday Sally! Don't know you yet, but I'm sure that will change. :-)

Good luck with driver's license madness - I had the same issues when I moved to GA in 96. Tho they weren't quite as complicated as yours. But copies of divorce papers, birth certificates, and they wanted a utility bill... I moved in with my SO in his house that he'd owned for years prior to me. How could I get a utility bill in my name? They finally settled for a library card who agreed to give me that even tho the utility bill was in John's name. Yeah, it made lots of sense. My sympathies...

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Awwww , wish I could make it gal! Thanks for the Invite though!!

Hey Cindy_Ga, havent met you yet either...... Eatonton.. Wow we are certainly neighbors! Gotta get together !

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8a)

Hi Eufala!

Wow - there's someone else who gardens in Eatonton? Usually no one has heard of Eatonton... Yes, definitely should get together! I love this area. :)

Cindy

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

Hey ladies, I am glad you are all ok, it has been a long hot Summer for me. People been giving me some of the hard pears that nobody knows what to do with. I make Pear bread, kinda like banana bread.. I tought to share my recepie with you, it is very good and goes good with coffee in the morning.

Pear Bread

Oven on 350
3 eggs , beaten
2 c sugar
2 c grated pears, with the skin on
2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 c canola oil or any cooking oil

mix 3 c s/r flour with 1 Tbs. cinnamon and 1 c chopped pecans , I use walnuts

mix the first 5 engr. well together and add the flour mixture. It makes 1 tube pan, and 2 loaf pans of cake. Enjoy, I even sent the recipe to my sister in Eurepa and she is enjoying it. Etelka

Dahlonega, GA

That looks easy . I like easy , thanks .

Thanks for that one. I have an enormous tree that must have been planted by the previous owner from seed. Since it's not a grafted tree we have a thirty foot pear tree that delivers tons of rock hard pears. Our daughter says these make good jam.

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Kiseta that sounds soooo good, will have to try for sure!

Cindy we are definitely in the middle of things here in Georgia! Not quite far enough north to be considered in the mountains and not quite south enough to be in the Flatlands, but close enough to both to enjoy where-ever in about 2 hours, LOL!!!

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

Where I came from they would put all the pears in the barrel, with peaches and apricots, end of Summer they would do some good old fashiond brandy. Since we don't do that here, I hate to see all the pears go to waist. Enjoy, you can make a bunch and give them away, or make small loafs and take them to nursing homes or to the shut-ins. Also, they freeze well. Etelka
t

My grandfather also made brandy this way.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.