CLOSED: Do a few folks want to share unusual perennial seed order?

Jamaica Plain, MA(Zone 6a)

I am about to place an order with Plant World seeds in the UK, and as they offer that if you buy 2 packs of the same seed, you get a 3rd pack free, I am hoping to find 2 others to buy a pack each of the seeds I’m ordering, so we can each get 1/3 off the price. Alternately, I am willing to split the packs that have 50-100 or more seeds with one other person. Please let me know if you’re interested. Shipping will be free from PWS to me, and around $1 from me to you.

Here’s the list of seeds I’m planning to buy:

Angelica “Ebony” 4.70/pk not enough to split

Geranium albanum “Pink Lace” 3.88/pk not enough to split

Corydalis taliensis 3.88/pk

Gentiana “Pink Cascade” 3.71/pk

Heuchera “Emperor’s Cloak” 3.22/pk

Oenothera “Blood Orange” 3.71/pk
(very dwarf – 3-4”)

Linaria aruginia “Neon Lights” 3.05/pk
(perennial snapdragon mixed colors)

Primula (drumstick) best blend 3.02/pk

Aconitum “Ivorine” 4.04/pk

Here’s a link to their website:
http://www.plant-world-seeds.com/

I am hoping to place the order very soon, so please let me know right away if interested.

Thanks.
Sharon

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

I'm interested. It will cost a little less than $15.00 each for three of us. We each get 1 unopened pack on the order. Is that what you are figuring?

X

This message was edited Aug 30, 2011 5:48 PM

Xeramtheum, one pack of everything at regular price =33.21, so if you multiply x 2= 66.42 and then divide by 3= 22.14 each if we get all of them. Does that work for you?
If I find 2 people who want all of the seeds, that would be great for me, but if you only want some of them, that's okay too. Please let me know, and also, if we don't find a 3rd person, would you be interested in splitting some packs?

Nyssa, OR(Zone 6a)

I'm new to this and am growing many things for the first time. But, I love your choice of flowers (had to look up each one on the website) and we live in the same zone 6a. I think what you are proposing is that you need two other people willing to spend about $23 to get the same seeds as you (which would normally cost them about $33). I'm thinking about this...don't know if I've acquired enough of a green thumb to tackle these, they do make it sound easy enough from the germination requirements shown on the site. Plus they seem to all be hardy perennials, so a good investment if you get them going. What do you know about whether you can collect seed from them...guessing most of them are hybrids? Another idea, if your involved in a round robin, is you could split packs of these unique seeds with others and be able to trade for some other really cool seeds (that makes it more appealing to me too).
Checked the company on Garden watchdog, only 5 reviews but they are all positive. Have you ordered from them before?
Plus it would be fun to try the same thing as two other gardeners and we could compare notes on raising them. I think I talked myself into it =) If a third person will volunteer then I'm willing to give it a try. Assuming we would paypal you our share of the bill and shipping?

Hi ordairygirl. I'm proposing exactly what you said, but didn't think it would be so easy. If xeramtheum is still interested, then we have 3. I should say,though, that I don't really trust the germination instructions listed on the website. I know that at least several will need cold stratification (I usually do it by wintersowing in gallon clear plastic milk jugs), though some are probably easy warm germinators. I'm going to research germination instructions elsewhere later, and will be happy to send you info and links to good germination websites.

If we're getting seeds, then you should be able to collect seeds from them, though some perennials don't flower until the 2nd year. I posted another thread under seed trading, asking about Plant World Seeds recently, so you should be able to find it easily, though I think only a couple of people posted experience with them.

I emailed PWS, asking about # of seeds in packs and making suggestions for more info to be included about the plants on the webite, as I had to research them all individually, and I got back a very positive email the next day, agreeing with my suggestions, which he hopes to get around to when he has time. They don't count seeds, but use little spoons, but he estimated that the angelica and geranium would be around 10 seeds, and the rest were either 50 or 100 seeds or possibly more. I imagine I'll have extras of several to trade, as I don't have room to plant very many of each. My problem is that I don't have much room left in my garden, so I'm very fussy about what I want, and usually no one has what I want for trade.

Anyway, do let me know if you're definitely interested, and if so I'll send you a dmail.

Thanks.

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

I'm in .. please d-mail me your address and exactly how much money you need from each of us including the return postage and I'll put a money order in the mail as soon as I receive your information. Can't do paypal.

X

Great! Thanks, Xeramtheum! I just want to wait for a confirmation from ordairygirl - or another if she doesn't, then I'll dmail you.

Prosperity, SC(Zone 7b)

If someone wanted to share out a little heuchera, I would love to try it from seed...I have a few installs that something a little different that what the normal folks are putting in would make my business really stand out in 2012...:O)
Victoria/

Geez, Victoria, these seeds are still across the ocean, but as it happens, I lost my gaillardia "goblin" and a red one over the winter, so if you remind me in a few weeks, I can trade you a bit for a little of your gaillardia mix, as I have a place in front of some taller red/orange/yellow stuff for a few mid-to shorter ones.

I'm closing this thread, as I now have 2 people to share this order with.

Thanks!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.