Yellow leaves on Ixora

Phutthamonthon, Thailand(Zone 10b)

SOLVED I have a few Ixoras grown from cuttings and some from natural layering. They are still in pots, but the leaves on some of them are turning yellow to almost white, whilst the plants I took cuttings from in the garden are not effected. Does anyone know if this is from overwatering, they were under the run-off from the roof of the house, or is there some mineral deficiency?

This message was edited Aug 25, 2011 2:53 AM

This message was edited Aug 28, 2011 7:04 PM

This message was edited Sep 27, 2011 8:06 PM

It could be a mineral deficiency because the runoff from the roof could have washed off nutrients form the soil in the pots. Try supplementing with compost and a bit of complete fertilizer.

Orlando, FL(Zone 9b)

there are some fertilizers you can buy for tropical ornamentals, like ixora, palms, and others. they usually have micronutrients. there might be a nitrogen deficiency as well. ixoras supposedly like acidic soils the way camellias, gardenias, and azaleas do.

Thanks coastzonepush, haven't been able to get complete fertilzers here, but hopefully when I plant them in the garden the problem will be solved. Would have done it yesterday but we are expecting floods here so have to stay at the factory and man the beariers!

Orlando, FL(Zone 9b)

you're welcome, i hope you are granted with tons of blooms. -- a flood? i dont know much about that region of the world, but i want to try: is that related to a cyclone/typhoon? please correct me if i'm wrong

Hi coastalzone bob
The floods have come from flooding caused by extreme monsoon rains that started in July until now. They had to let water out of the dams to prevent them from collapsing, consquently flooding the historic city of Ayuttya, then several industrial estates and now Bangkok, they estimate something around 116 Billion cubic metres of water is coming down through Bangkok and surrounding regions, it's hard to get your head round a figure like that. Also there has been a total lack of governemnt leadership with half a dozens government agencies and departments squabbling over who should be in charge. It is going to cost the country billions of Bhat, in lost production, exports and rehabilitation. Sorry I've gone on a bit!

Fort Lauderdale, FL

Iron is what you need. High sulur is good to.

Orlando, FL(Zone 9b)

oh i see, the situation is a bit extreme. i hope you and your loved ones stay safe. thanks for the info, to think i had no idea that was happening somewhere! it makes me feel isolated. but i hope all is well for you.

Thanks coastalzonepush
So far still dry. Because Thailand is so flat the water spreads out and in most cases doen't rise above 1M, but there are isolated spots deeper.

Orlando, FL(Zone 9b)

i saw footage of the flood on the news...hope all is well for you and loved ones, thaidai.

This message was edited Nov 8, 2011 6:00 PM

Many Thanks coastalzonepush

We are still OK, our house is still dry although the road outside is flooded to waist height, but 2 days ago we abondoned our factory and escaped to the hills here in Suan Phueng as water was approaching, but yesterday we heard that so far it is only ankle deep in the road outside.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.