Morning Glories 2011 # 14

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

To return to our previous thread
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1212127

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Becky, my vines are winding down too.

Pretty neat bloom above Jackie!

Blue Pearl blooms, still waiting for a few seeds from this one.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

This one is showing some neat purple blizzard blooms.

Becky, forgot to say that your blue speckled and large lavender blooms are still pretty awesome as are the others too.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

This Blue NOID has this kind of bloom and also the blizzard kind too!

Thumbnail by helenahkh

I love all 3 of your blooms Helena. Each one beautiful in its own right
This a very light Plum Tie Dye almost finished blooming

Thumbnail by patootie
(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

Jackie - Pretty first bloom to start off a new thread!

Helena - Wonderful display of blooms today! I love this one: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=8774262 What a beauty!!!

Thanks Becky, I love the Youjiro.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Becky! Love your Plum Tie Dye Jackie, it's beautiful!

My Blue NOID deluted and at 3 1/2 inches by far the largest bloom on this vine

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Wild mgs ??? not sure the name

Thumbnail by helenahkh

I wonder what I did with the post I thought I sent, lol
Helena, the Blue NO ID is so special, I love it.
I wonder if your wild mg could be mile a minute vine? Which are it's lvs, the small sized ones?

Pretty Milky Way today

Thumbnail by patootie

I think this is Onalee's white with pink stripes

Thumbnail by patootie

Debras Xiongs on my fence

Thumbnail by patootie

I had 2 diff blooms on the same bamboo pole this monring. The 1st one is the Choc Silk cross
shared with me by A

Thumbnail by patootie

This is on the same pole but must be a diff mg.

Thumbnail by patootie

Helena - Even as small as that Blue NOID is, it's still a neat bloom! I don't know what your wild MG is. Maybe a peek at PlantFiles will give a clue?

Jackie - Great shot of the Milky Way blooms! So pretty! Onalee's is a lovely pale color with those stripes! I can't get over the foliage in your last 2 photos! I wonder why that is happening? I really thought your blooms would be very light color, but they aren't. I remember Antoinette saying she got a lot of reverse tube I. nils in her grow-outs. Makes one wonder if there is some environmental reason that is causing these mutants. Whatever it is, it sure is making some amazing looking vines and blooms!

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

beautiful blooms, but partial to the blue pearl, helena. Your wild mg looks to be sharp pod morning glory..

Love the lightest bloom on the last post , jackie, it is awsome.

Becky, didn't let you know how nice the blooms were previous thread, sorry.. I know your vines have suffered rust, but the flowers sure make up for it.

this is the south fence the day I left home..

Thumbnail by joeswife

anyone recognise this one?

Thumbnail by joeswife

or this one?

Thumbnail by joeswife

unknown blue with ???

Thumbnail by joeswife

climbing a sunflower on the north corner of house

Thumbnail by joeswife

this one looks kinda of like..

Thumbnail by joeswife

this one.. ugh, only shot of it and it is blurred, sorry

Thumbnail by joeswife

another one climbing the sunflower also, along with ...

Thumbnail by joeswife

this one..

Thumbnail by joeswife

lots of variations of this one..

Thumbnail by joeswife

this lavender moon vine cutting is /was blooming inside after I cut it away from the fence where it was going the wrong way..

Thumbnail by joeswife

last one, I sure miss my back yard right now..

Thumbnail by joeswife

Thanks Becky and Debra.
Becky, thats the pot where the Sunsmiles/Cameo elegance ? is growing with those gorgeous varieg lvs.
Hopefully those blooms will return. I dug up 2 vines when they were tiny and those are now growing in this pot.I don't have a clue to their id.
I don't think I will ever know why at least 4 or 5 of my vines have almost white lvs. At least 1 of the
white vines came from Debra's sds loose in the sd pkg she sent me, so thanks Debra. :-)

Gautier, MS

Thanks Becky, Jackie and Debra. Beautiful blooms Jackie and Debra!

H no H, I,m sure it's not hikari

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Color is purple on this pretty bloom

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Debra, beautiful blooms you're getting.

Gorgeous blooms Helena.

Pink Tie Dye, my blooms that should have opened in the ghouse this morning couldn't. Had to carry them out
where it's cooler. This one never did open all the way and 2 couldn't open at all.

Thumbnail by patootie

A beautiful Lav Saz this morning with the unknown Purple also in the pic. 4 or 5 vines wrapped around each other in this pot, sometimes wrapping around my blooms making them deformed. :-(

Thumbnail by patootie

Becky, I had ripped a youjiro vine out of the ground while weeding that bed last week.
Thus the tiny blooms.
Yesterday I had a diluted youjiro or at least it was trying to dilute

Thumbnail by patootie

Debra - Oh My! You got a lot of beautiful blooms! I love this one: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=8777246 Looks like a cross! Lovely! I love all your unknown blues! No idea for sure what they are, but if they are crosses, they created something very nice!!!! Those pinks look a little like several different ones I've seen others post. Because so many of them cross, you never know for sure what you have. Even labeling them doesn't work for me because most of mine are crosses. It just tells me what "one" of the parents were! LOL! Gorgeous all of them! Are any of these with you at your sister's or are they all at home?

Jackie - Cameo Elegance is known for it's beautiful variegated leaves. I wonder if you cross two vines that have heavily variegated leaves, if it would create some white leaves like what you have? I am still just amazed at what you got! Never seen any with leaves that white!!! I hope you get a few seeds from some of those vines. It would be interesting to see what they might produce in foliage. Your youjiro showing some diluted characteristics is looking really nice! I hope it continues to produce even more diluted blooms! That is really pretty!!!!

Helena - Love the lavendar bloom and the purples make a wonderful photo! Are you still hand pollinating some of the blooms?

love the yojiro, Jackie, one of my favs, I brought the red ones? here in one of the planters for my sister to enjoy..

Becky, still here at Sherrys, hers are blooming away, looks like some kind of large i nil with tri lobed leaves in the front, and I put some kikyos, hederaceras and other seedlings all along her fence today,

Thumbnail by joeswife

maybe it is a fuji no beni? anyway, this little sunsmile seems to be happy here for her, too
I bet she would like the big H no H of helenas and the cool looking Saz of Jackies, too

Thumbnail by joeswife

these she grew from seeds I sent her.. thought they were SOH?

Thumbnail by joeswife

guess what I found down the street on a corner area I saw them blooming on the way to go get RX's the other morning..

Thumbnail by joeswife

this is one of the vines I brought to her to grow, I put up fishing line for them to climb..

Thumbnail by joeswife

Debra - Beautiful deep pink blooms! Sure to delight your sis! The SOH don't always have the solid pink throats, so it does look like that is what the blooms are in your photo! And I love the variegated leaves in your last photo. Looks like you have at least two different vines growing up that shepherd's hook! :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.