DIY TV

Middleton, WI(Zone 4b)

Anyone besides me totally hooked on "Crash my Yard" "Yard Crashers" "Desparate Landscapes" "Turf War" and there are those two cousins who do hard scapes and now the deck show. I eat them up. Saw this tonight http://www.whosay.com/jefflewis/photos/58558

How funny! Not that I could ever afford a landscaper. While I do watch "DL" if I happen to be watching that channel, I kinda get put off by getting everything done in one day. I do like the ideas but "YC" goes a little over the top for me. "TW" - a little too competitive for my non-competing soul. :)

Middleton, WI(Zone 4b)

My husband says friends and children combined we couldn't get that many people on VERY short notice to the house. I do wonder about how much hard scape vs. green they try to do in 2 days. Is that the trick to short flips>?

Oh - I think the timing is not what it appears. Granted, they probably do a ton of work in a day but I think that's due to careful planning beforehand. And I think the friends and family get a little more notice than that. Some of the individual shows do have a nice balance of hard vs soft scape but some are too much eye candy and gadgets.

Middleton, WI(Zone 4b)

I heard that they get a lot of free stuff like arbors, fountains, outdoor TVs and stuff for free because vendors want to showcase new products. So you can't choose what goes in because to pay for the show they have to include certain items.

I saw one the other day where they put in an outdoor kitchen and I kept wondering what state? Between mosquito and snow there are only so many months that would be an option here.

Very true. When DD lived in TN, she used to grill almost year-round. DH here wouldn't be out there in Jan. Some do-overs have too much stuff - too chaotic for me.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.