sunfarm (Sally Ramsdale)

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Sally Ramsdale, known to us at DG as sunfarm joined us on November 14th, 2009.
She was an experienced weather watcher and the folks over in our Weather Forum respected her expert observations. In her short time here, she made many friends from around the world and we will all miss her. The folks who participate in our Prayer Forum are also know and love her, for her kindness and support across the many discussions there. She celebrated the happy times and mourned for our losses.

A real pioneer, she went back to school in the 1960's and received her degree in civil engineering, paving the way for other women to follow.

Sally was an intelligent and caring person and we're going to miss her deeply.

Thumbnail by melody
Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

I am sorry for our loss. I wish we had a picture to post here.

(Zone 7a)

I have one. Let me see if I can get permission to post it.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

I will miss her very much. She was a special lady to be sure. My prayers are with her family.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Sally will be missed by all who knew her. I feel conflicting emotions--sorrow at her passing and relief that she is no longer suffering. Prayers for comfort and encouragement for the family.

(Zone 7a)

Here is our dear friend Sally. So many will miss her.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Ahhh, what a beautiful lady! Thanks, Kwan, for posting this lovely lady's picture!

Crossville, TN

She was a great inspiration to all of us.....we will miss her very much. Jo

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Sally was so special. It only took a heartbeat to love and admire her.
I am just one of the gals she opened the door for.
A few months back a sizable group from the NWS at Jackson, Ky came out to Sally's and brought food for them to all enjoy just to honor her unfailing dedication.
She was very dedicated to weather reports to their office as well as CoCoRahs.
I enjoyed having her as a special on line friend. I know many others enjoyed her great insights too.
Many prayers for the family that surrounded her these last few months.
A big hug for her husband Richard and her two daughters, Linda, Patty and son Lee.
My heart goes out to them.
Sidney

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

I count myself Blessed to have been able to share a portion of her wonderful life.

On July 1st she posted:
"Please keep going on with your lives!"

That we Sally, will but Concrete will never be the same to me. ;-)

Thumbnail by henryr10
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Celia, her picture brings tears to my eyes. She was so beautiful.

We were two Sallys on the same threads and I took to calling her Sally Sun even when I was addressing her. I think the name fit. I missed her when she couldn't post any more and she will always be in my thoughts no matter what the weather.

I'm glad she was able to give me advice before we got our concrete driveway poured.

What a special lady she was.

Thumbnail by billyporter

While I didn't know her, I always feel a sense of loss when we lose one of our own. My sincere condolences and prayers go out to her family and friends.
Hugs&blessings ... ~Susan

(Zone 7a)

She was gentle and kind to all who knew her. She loved her birds and weather so much.

Goodbye, dear friend. We miss you.

here is Sally's obituary
Sara Deming Ramsdell
Cressy, Kentucky

Sally lost her 2-year struggle with breast cancer on Monday, August 22, 2011. She was born at Salt Lake City, Utah, June 11, 1941, to the late Milo Henry and Margaret Corder Deming. She is survived by Richard Alden Ramsdell, her husband of nearly 40 years, daughters Linda K Grimes, DVM, of Estill County, Patricia L. Welch (Jeff) of Fairport, NY, son Lee W. Grimes of Union, KY, and grandson Spencer R. Grimes of Lexington.

She lived in Lexington for approximately 40 years until her retirement and move to rural Estill County in 2004. She was the founder and president of Concrete Quality Consulting, Inc., and was active in concrete production and construction industry organizations including the American Concrete Institute, of which she was elected a “Fellow” in 1988. She was a charter member of the Bluegrass Chapter of the National Association of Women in Construction. In 1994 she was named one of the “Top Women in Business in the Bluegrass” by The Lane Report.
In her retirement, she continued to serve as an arbitrator and mediator for the Better Business Bureau, became a Cooperative Weather Observer for the National Weather Service and Community Collaborative Rain Hail and Snow Network, and pursued interests in herbs, nature study and photography. Sally was a member of the Earthhealing team and asked that contributions be made in her memory at http://www.earthhealing.info or CoCoRaHS.org.

A remembrance of her life will be held at Lewis Funeral Home, 224 Main Street Irvine, KY, on Saturday, September 17th,2011 at 3pm. The family will greet friends and colleagues one hour prior thereto.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Sally, you've been in my thoughts lately, so you must be near at those times. I miss you.

I find myself referring to my boat, which I named "Sun Farm", as Sally.
I do miss her and the tales of DH rowing over to the car when the bridge was underwater to get to work.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

I miss her, too. I can see why you would call your boat "Sally".

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.