My first Blue Angel blooms !

Big Flats, NY(Zone 5b)

Hi Everyone, I planted a lot of new Clematis this year, as I needed to move my gardening nearer to our house. The experience of planting new and very nice clematis, not available to me before has been swell! Your advice and encouragement has been even more sweller! Thank you all again! Additional suspense has been provided by a quirky growing season so; this brings me to sharing this picture of one of my new ones 'Blue Angel" that I did not think was going to flower at all first year! These flowers were photographed om Aug 9 and they are just as good today! I see this as a very long period for a clem. to hold a spay of flowers. The flowers look a great deal more white than I thought they might but we all know what variation can be caused by age and weather.What are your experiences with this little beauty?! Lee Sherwood McDonald

Thumbnail by GREENSIDEUP
(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

The edge on that one is terrific and so is the shade of blue, Lee. I don't have it so we'll just have to wait for others, who do have it, to comment.

Good job! You get an A+++ in clematis!

Athens, PA

Lee

I really like that one. It has been on my want list for quite some time.

Williamstown, NJ(Zone 6b)

I just bought Little duckling and Climador at a discount, Has anyone planted these before?

Athens, PA

Marie

I had Climador - loved it, it was the perfect height to be potted on my deck. I did lose it though. I just bought Little Duckling this past Summer. He was on the mercy shelf at Lowes. I have seen a few sporadic blooms, so I think he will do very nicely.

That is where I got mine, Lowes. I had forgotten that I stuck them behind the shed out of the way of the hurricane. I took them out so they can get some sun now. I hope they will be ok...lol

Marie - I have both and love them. At least you know yours were kept damp in the weather we've had.

Thanks. now I just have to get the energy to get them planted...lol

Piilu is a smaller flower but very sweet. Climador was new this year but generous with the blooms.

Ah, yes - that old energy factor! We all face that challenge more often than we'd like.

Pirl. the older I get, the less energy I have. Full time job, and taking care of a home and yard wears me out anymore. I am good in the spring due the fact I have had all winter to store it up, But now, My tank is low...lol

Same here, Marie. If I come inside I know it won't be for just 10 minutes but more like an hour and somehow naps seem more wonderful as I age.

Big Flats, NY(Zone 5b)

Hi, Carolynn 22, Would you e mail me when you find reduced interesting clematis at the
Lowe's down by you? The one up here in Horseheads do not seem to carry these or anything interesting in clematises. It is only a 30 min drive from Big Flats. Thank you Lee Sherwood McDonald

Athens, PA

Lee

Not a problem - I am surprised your Lowes doesn't have more. I know that earlier in the season Allen has had clems before and he always gets in varieties of things we don't have....

Carolyn

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.