CLOSED: left over veggie seeds needed

Sumter, SC(Zone 8a)

I will be hosting a booth at our local Fair here in Sumter SC next month - one of my projects is "Seeds of Hope" - I will be teaching how to start a veggie garden (containers or in ground) and giving away seeds I have leftover from my garden this year...if anyone has cold weather seeds or for that matter any type of veggie seeds they aren't using and would like to donate them let me know - even if you have just 15 beet seeds - toss 'em in an envelope if you don't want them - I'm on the address exchange...thanks for reading!!

Deanna

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

Deanna,
I volunteer at the local food pantry and donate seeds there in the spring but
I do have seeds I can share for your project. I think its wonderful that you are doing this.
By cold weather seeds you're looking for all kinds of root veggies, as well as peas, spinach,
lettuces, broccoli & cauliflower? Thats what I have available so let me know what you'd like.

Sumter, SC(Zone 8a)

Cris - yes all of the plants you mention are what I'm looking to share...I started 8 flats of fall veggies this past week and the pea's are already up! since they're a 55 day to table I believe everyone will be able to enjoy some b4 frost hits and also going to teach them how to save a seed pod for next spring...also started 3 flats of lettuce's, numerous herbs for folks to keep inside & spinach

Next I need to get some easy fix recipes together (thinking 3 recipes per type of plant - ie basil how to make pesto and uses for chicken/fish, same with the dill, curly leaf parsley, chives I've started for indoor containers) I really lucked out as our Ace Hardware had seed packets on sale for .50 each so I started quite a bit of chives n dill for the giveaway.

After that I need to package up all the seeds friends have been mailing me into 'lots' Sure glad the fair is the end of September! lol

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

Put together a little package & will send it out tomorrow.
Please just let me know when you receive it.

Cris

Sumter, SC(Zone 8a)

I surely will Cris! Many thanks again for your kind heart and sharing!

Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

I have extra veggie seeds. I'll check what I have and let you know in the AM.
Barb

Sumter, SC(Zone 8a)

Thanks Beach Barbie! and Chris - I received your awesome envelope last week - please excuse my delay in proper thanks! I kept searching my Facebook emails looking for you LOL I totally forgot it was Dave's I was on when you said you had some to share...

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

your welcome Deanna, I was
getting a bit concerned that something had happened to it. :)

Sumter, SC(Zone 8a)

sorry Cris :( I belong to Plant Addicts Annon. on facebook and several of the group sent seeds and I kept searching my mail scratching my head thinking 'why can't I pull up your name?'

I'm a goober :)

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Deanna:

I have seeds from last season and the year before too - you can decide whether they'll be viable. I'll send some on later in the week. When is your program so I know the cut off date?! :D

A.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.