New to Forum

Omega, GA

Hi everyone. I have had the most enjoyment reading here in the Equine forum. I am from South Georgia, we are in the upper 90's and currently in a severe drought. We have been in the 100's and with our humidity the temps feel much higher. I own a white appaloosa mare named 'Scotchie', she is 14 yrs old and I've had her for 5 years now and plan to keep her till her time or my time is up. She is a trail horse which is the riding I enjoy most. Unfortunately in this heat I do not ride. In the heat of the summer she is groomed late in the evenings or given a bath (which she loves). I'm thinking of teaching her a few tricks while at the barn to keep her learning and not just getting spoilt from pats. lol! Do folks really ride in this heat? I keep reading 'How to keep cool riding in summer' in the horse magazines I recieve. Nope, just don't think any of what they suggest would work. I am anxiously awaiting Fall for cooler weather to ride. You have to ride almost, if not everyday to take advantage of what cooler days we do have. This is Scotchie.

Thumbnail by Scotchie
This thread has 17 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!