Declutter That Purse!! Save Your Back!!

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

I've heard that the average woman carries a 15 lb purse. How much does yours weigh? Did you know that a lot of back pain comes from carrying the extra weight of your purse?

Now me, I'm not a girly girly. In fact, I HATE carrying a purse; it's like dragging a toddler around all day--you can't let go of it or all hell breaks loose. Right?

When I shop or go out to eat, most likely I have only money in my pocket and no purse. I have a terrible habit of leaving my purse on the back of a bathroom door, on the back of a chair, under a table, in a shopping cart, etc if I carry one. Then I get home and later need to write a check. WHERE's my purse??? Where have I left it this time??

I carry the smallest purse I can get away with. I just weighed it and it's 3 lbs 5 oz--loaded. Now that still feels heavy to me. I can't imagine carrying around a 15 lb purse! What all do y'all put in there?? I have 4 checkbooks, 3 pens, a bottle of Aleve, some feminine products, breath mints, a cell phone, business cards, a mini phone book, coupons, a note pad, ear plugs, lipstick, nail file, and not much else. What else does a gal need?

A friend carries a huge bag--more like a tote you'd take to the beach with you to hold a book, sunscreen, beach towel, a foldaway chair, bottled water, etc. LOL I asked what all she had in there. "A little of everything." Why?? "Because you never know when someone else might need something." Guess I'm selfish. I carry in MY purse only what I need; you guys can carry in your purses whatever YOU need. I have enough weighing in on my back without adding another 15 lbs.

Maybe it's time to take inventory of what you have in your purse. Do you use it all frequently? Can you find what you're looking for when you need it? Does your back hurt all the time? Maybe it's time to declutter that purse and even downgrade to a smaller bag. Your back will thank you for it. If you continue to carry a heavy bag, don't ask me to hold it for you when we go shopping. I travel light and you're on your own. LOL

NancyAnn

This thread has 28 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!