A Fresh Set of Eyes

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Now that I've decluttered my house, I notice that my decor isn't appealing. I've been thinking I need a fresh set of eyes to look around and see what else I might need to let go of and how I might arrange the rest for an attractive, welcoming look. I have some nice pictures that I haven't hung and I have some nice candle holders and a few nicnacs that I want to keep but haven't found the right spot for them.

So I've placed an add on Craigslist to trade some of my scrapbooking stuff for someone with a sense of design who can look around and see what needs to be deleted and what needs to go where. I seem to be stuck on my own. And I've already gotten a response. I'm excited to see what she can do with my little place. I see other people's homes decorated so beautifully and I have many of the same items they have. But I'm just not able to put it together in a nice way. So many of my walls are completely bare because I don't know what to hang on them or how to arrange the pictures. I want to be able to show off my house and be proud of it now that the "junk" is all cleared out.

Has anyone else brought in a new pair of eyes to help you declutter or help you see what works and what doesn't? How did it work out for you? Or have you considered it but haven't taken the plunge yet? If not, why not?

This thread has 14 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!