Anyone want to hang out in TN next few weeks?

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Greetings ~

Work is sending me to school for 4 days in Brentwood (Nashville) TN, and I get to bring my better half with me. After that, we will be spending some vacation time in Cleveland (E of Chattanooga) and in Chattanooga. We are kind of planning our escape from NV and back to The South. My boss is pretty nervous about letting me stay in TN for two weeks - he's afraid I won't go back. And rightly so. I work remotely, so I keep telling him that there is no difference between being 200 miles from the office and 2000. I'm hoping he's buying it.

My husband, David, grew up in the Cookeville area, and since I gave birth to two girls in Georgia, I consider myself "from The South," also (do not let the Asian hair and eyes fool you - I drink sweet tea). Anyway, if anyone would like to hook up for dinner while we're in the area, or for anything that involves either food, or gardening for that matter, dmail me. We'd love to meet you. I wouldn't go so far as to say we'll have a round up, but maybe we can get a bunch of us together one evening. Doesn't have to be anything fancy - depending how many of us can get together, we could take over a Shoney's or some such :-)

Su 8/21 - Chattanooga - probably go to the farmer's market and stock up on some food
M 8/22 - Chat in the a.m., Brentwood/Nashville in the p.m.
T - F 8/23-8/26 - Brentwood/Nashville I'm in class all day, but if you want to hang out with not-active-duty Marine turned National Guardsman, I can volunteer my husband for that duty; or we can meet for dinner
S - T or W 8/27 - 8/30 ish - Cleveland
8/30 ish to9/1 - Chattanooga
F 9/2 Nashville
S 9/2 heading home

Anyway, hope to meet some of you while we're out there. I can't wait to leave the desert and the sand and the salty well water! Been trying to move since before I found Dave's Garden! I think we're actually gonna do it this time (last one is almost out on his own).

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

I hope you can get connected with some of our Mid-South folks in that area. We have some great folks on the Mid-South forum!

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I wish Chatt was closer...but it is about 8 hours from here. I hope you meet up with some our wonderful Mid-South folks!!

Thanks. It's been years since we visited AR. david's family is originally from there, but no one is there any more - that we know of, anyway. enjoyed the farmer's market and painted pigs while in Little Rock.

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Well, if it has been years, the market has grown and the area surrounding has too! Enjoy your trip!!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Man, I want one of those jobs where I can work remotely...... think I would like that SO much better! :)

Good luck in finding some people to join up with - sounds like a fun adventure....we are just too far away!

Genna

Awww, I just now saw this. This week was not a good week for me to go or do much of anything besides ride herd on my family. I'll be in Green Hills on Monday, hitting Trader Joe's with a friend. But looks like you'll be in Cleveland. Maybe when you get back to N'ville we can get together (but our daughter has me pretty tied up next week all the way through Saturday. She's a little high maintenance :-)

No worries, Terry. Hopefully next year I will be moving out this way and we can get together then. Having a wonderful time. Thanks! Karla

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.