Drawer box repairs

Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

My home was built in the mid-70s and the particle board used for the drawers has been disintegrating. I was able to do some re-building (I found using pop rivets worked best as wood screws just mangled the old particle board) but eventually found that the bottom protion that rides on the rollers at the front of the cabinet also began falling apart.

So, I got some 'fast track' kits from BHK. They have been very affordable as well as easy to assemble. I got new center rollers at Lowes and a couple of front rollers needed rplacemnt too. I did 2 at the start just to check out the difficulty level. I am doing 5 now and will finish with an order for 6 more later on. A little silicone lube has been helpful too on the old center channels and front rollers.

This thread has 8 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!