What are we going to Eat at Jim's Oct 22????

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

This is the thread for food. Kenny is going to furnish barbeque so we probably want to stick to foods that will work with that.

Barbeque - Kenny
Desert - Sandra
Paper plates, cups, napkins, utensils and brownies - Marilyn
Baked Beans - Charlotte
Potato Salad - Kathy Ann
Coleslaw - Loretta
Buns - Genna
Grape Salad - Charlotte

This message was edited Oct 18, 2011 7:08 PM

Ripley, MS

I. Love BBQ. I will bring a dessert

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Barbecue, yum! I'll plan on bringing something but it will have to be something that can be transported a long distance. How about if I bring the paper plates, napkins, plastic glasses and utensils? and brownies?

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Will put you down for that Marilyn.

Booneville, MS

I can bring baked beans. And something else.

Terrye

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Got you down Terrye.

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I will see what others are bringing before I declare ;o) I am thinking about a new recipe called Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip. On the other hand, I can bring potato salad (that I will have another family member make) or slaw (again, another would make it) LOL

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Kim I've been doing the same thing. Also waiting to see just how many there are going to be of us. If there are going to be a lot I can see maybe having 2 things of baked beans, etc.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

if you don't want to do the potato salad kim I can do that. I think stuff like that will travel better than a pie would lol I was thinking about a pie.

Okay, KA, you make the spud salad.

Ripley, MS

that was easy---LOL

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I'll be glad to let you do that if you want to lol. I know you won't put onions in it either ha ha.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

OK! Who is gong to do spud salad????? Kim or Kathy Ann????

Have you noticed the thread that has all the activity!!! FOOD! Anyone had anything to chat about???? NO Anyone had any plants to list to swap???? NO But we will soon have all the food taken care of!!! Boy do we have our priorities right!!!! LOL

Amen, Sista! ;o)

KA, is making spud salad.

Batesville, AR(Zone 7a)

I can bring cole slaw

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Do we need buns or bread for the BBQ? or I can bring a dessert of some type.... seem to have better luck hauling those long distances than some things......

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Loretta putting you down for coleslaw.

Genna I'm not sure whether we need bread or buns or not - Jim will need to let us know.

Olive Branch, MS

HI, I would say buns. Hopefully everyone eats BBQ.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Can you be from the South and not eat barbecue? LOL

I am so glad I don't have to bring spud salad or slaw! LOL

I will also bring some chips...with whatever else I bring!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Genna are you going to bring buns????

I am bringing my buns...aren't you Charlotte? LOL Sorry, I just had to...

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Unfortunately I am!!! LOL But which I could leave some of them behind!!!! HaHaHa

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

You guys are nuts!! lol

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

ROFL

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I can't believe we're not talking about food???? What's wrong with this group?????? Got to figure out what I'm going to take.

Ripley, MS

I went to the doctor--that shut me up about food for a while-LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

I'm drooling just thinking about those cream cheese brownies from Ed's Bakery in Conway that I am going to stop and pick up on my down to Charlotte's on the 21st!. The rest of you may be lucky to get any of them 'cause Charlotte and I just might have to sample a few!! ROFL

Olive Branch, MS

You just make sure you have 1 brownie left. Otherwise we may have to have a NO FOOD NO ENTRY rule. LOL

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Oh, my, Kenny, that is harsh--harsh, I say!!!!!! ROFL but don't blame me if those brownies disappear because Kim and Kathy Ann are riding over with Charlotte and me and you know how those two love to eat!!! LOL

Hey! Oh okay, you're right...

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

you just need to buy enough brownies for friday and saturday. i'm not bringing anything interesting cept potatoe salad, i may have to do something else too. something sweet. depends on my time .

I may make chocolate scotcheroos....Oh I don't know....

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Trying to figure out what I can bring. Terrye's bringing baked bean. I could also bring some baked beans - or a desert or both.

Olive Branch, MS

Keep it simple since ya'll will be traveling. I'll get mom to make a caramel cake for us.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Yummmm that sounds good!! I'll figure out something!

Booneville, MS

Charlotte, I'll bring enough baked beans for everyone. I always make a crockpot full anyway.

Terrye

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

OK - I'll figure out something. Crockpot is a good way to do it!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I think I've figured out what I'm going to bring - some kind of marinated vegetables.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Charlotte: I have a recipe for a wonderful marinated salad that has fresh broccoli, cauliflower, onions, etc., etc. in it if you are interested. I never even thought about that when I was thinking of something to bring. Dmail me if you want the recipe.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.