FALL RU FOR MID SOUTH

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Jim and Kenny have graciously agreed to host a RU at Jim's home in Olive Branch, MS on Saturday, October 22. I have never seen Jim garden so I can't wait!!!
This thread we will use to determine who's coming and for chat. I'll be posting another thread for food and also a thread for the plant swap.
We are thinking it would be best to go to Jim's house first and unpack our cars, rest for a while and then do our nursery runs after lunch. We can figure all that out as the time gets closer.
ONE THING I DID FORGET!!!! DOOR PRIZES!!! YES WE WILL HAVE DOOR PRIZES!!!! GOSH HOW COULD I FORGET - THEY ARE ALMOST MORE IMPORTANT THAN FOOD!!!!!!!
I certainly plan to be there!
Jim
Kenny
Kathy Ann
Kim
Marilyn
Sandra
Terrye
Loretta
Bonnie
Genna
Sheila
Nancy Ann
Christine
Sharon and Max
Mechelle
Mary and Lisa
Becky and Lyle

I'm trying to remember to who all said they would be coming - OK who else plans to be there?????? Let's start chatting!

This message was edited Oct 15, 2011 1:29 PM

Thumbnail by cperdue
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Here is the link to the swap thread. I've never done this before, so step up and tell me what I'm doing wrong!!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1211310/

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Here is the link to the food thread.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1211311/

Ripley, MS

Looks to me like you have done a great job Charlotte

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Thanks, Charlotte, for the new threads on the RU at Jim's. I will definitely plan to be there! I'm getting excited about it already!

Batesville, AR(Zone 7a)

I will be there, I've had a lot going on and this is just what I need, a good buddy fix.

Loretta

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Glad you can make it Loretta!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

I will have to look up Olive Branch, but I am exhausted and won't do that right now....... Charlotte, will ya'll drive over on Saturday? Any idea what time ya'll will leave LR? I might try to follow along......

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Have we heard from Crissy? She might want to come. I will send her a dmail to let her know to look for these threads.

Just wanted to point out to whoever is interested that when you edit one of your posts especially on the swap thread or food thread you can scroll down to the bottom and delete all those lines that say "this post was edited, etc., etc." That way your post won't be so long. Just sayin. . . :o)

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Thanks Marilyn - I didn't know that and was wondering if there was a way that would be easier!!!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Yes, it eliminates all those unnecessary lines. :o)

This message was edited Aug 18, 2011 10:33 AM

Lakeland / Memphis, TN(Zone 7a)

I'll be there too. We will have to get Kenny to find out where everybody can stay. Probably at the Goodman /Lamar exit.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Girl you had better be there!!!

:-) That is my husband's birthday - so I told Kenny I couldn't come.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I think Kim & I are coming back the same day, we've not talked about spending the night somewhere. I think i'd like to go back home the same day.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I hadn't planned on spending the night either. Just planned on leaving early and getting home late!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

me too

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

me 3...unless the driver changes her mind.

Just knew you guys were gonna try to hit some nurseries too - gonna be a long day for ya'll. But Kenny, Jim and I did it when we came to L.R. too - so you could I am sure.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I've been without the computer since yesterday morning , gosh I was having withdrawals big time.

I went out to dig some plants for charlotte, and marilyn this morning, trying to stay ahead of it all. I'm caught up for the time being.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Funny how dependent we have become to them!!!!

Headed out now to pot up a bunch of Black Knight butterfly bush cuttings. They've been sitting in water for several days now! I'm going to put several cuttings in a pot and use rooting hormone. Hope they root!

There is a tag at the base of the bush that says purple/red so I'm thinking someone must have given me a cutting. Would that have been you Kathy Ann?? I know it is Black Night because it is the exact color of the one tagged Black Knight at Good Earth and purple/red is a good explanation of the shade of purple.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I don't think it was me cause I have the black knight and I would have labeled it as black knight, don't have any unnamed butterfly bushes out there that I know of.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

No telling where the tag came from!

Bonnie, I don't think we can get that close to some of our favorite nurseries and not stop by and buy ;o)

Augusta, AR(Zone 8a)

Count me in...unless something comes up between now and then. Sheila

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Putting you down Sheila

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

You LR girls have a time that you are planning to leave yet? I would like to run with someone if possible since I don't know where I am going.....

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

We haven't decided on the time yet but it will be early. There are going to be 6 or so of us going from Little Rock.

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

If Sheila is going, I wanna go too! LOL Sheila, girl, I haven't heard from you since we attended KathyAnn's RU last year! Email me!! Maybe we can rid over to South Haven together?

NancyAnn

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

As early as i can yank kim out of bed, let's see, 6:00? she can sleep on the way over there lol . I can get up and leave earlier, she's the one that gets gripey in the am.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I'm not a morning person but if I'm going somewhere to have fun I can do early am!!

6:00? are you kidding??? Over my sleeping body!!! LOL I can get up early if I must and if KA has breakfast ready!

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

I'm gonna come!! I'm gonna come!!!!!!!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Great! Putting you down!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

i was wondering when you were going to come around Christine! Hope things are going ok for you .

They are KA, I've been busy at work and busy at home and I needed some time away to clear my head from all of this drama I found myself in. I decided to make salsa today out of my tomatoes, 4 hours of work ended up being 3 measly pint jars of salsa, it's not really worth the effort.

Than you Charlotte!!!

I think I'll be spending the night over there on Friday night.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Nope, salsa is alot of effort and don't get much in return.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

We're going to have a really good turnout!! Can't wait! I'm adding folks to the list at the top of this thread as I hear they are coming.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Wow - that would put me leaving around 4 am to meet ya'll.............. whew...not sure I can pull that one off! We'll see...........

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.