Have; Dutchman's Pipe Aristolochia gigantea seed

New Port Richey, FL(Zone 9b)

Just harvested 6 seed pods.Now I have lots and lots of seeds. I figure about 25 seeds a trade of the pipe vine.
I'm looking for Hummingbird and butterfly seeds or rooted cuttings.Veggie seeds I'm planting my fall garden now. Or just surprise me. I will add plant file on the pipe vine later. Don http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/56130/

This message was edited Aug 13, 2011 7:16 PM

This message was edited Aug 13, 2011 7:17 PM

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

Don,
I would love to have some. The only thing I have that is on your list is PawPaw and those fruits will not be ripe enough for another month.
Alana

Alana,
I can send you a pack of seeds and when the pawpaw is ready you can send them to me. Don
PS I'd say usuaully I'll wait until your ready but pipevine seed is best planted fresh for best % of germination

The same is true for Paw Paw seeds.
Thanks!

Check out this thread on tips to germinate pipe vine seeds http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/climbers/all/

Louisville, KY

"Just harvested 6 seed pods.Now I have lots and lots of seeds. I figure about 25 seeds a trade of the pipe vine. "

Don, I would love some of your Dutchman's Pipe Seed
I have a few varieties of flowering plants and a few varieties of peppers and heirloom tomato seed. Would appreciate your reserving a few seed for me and I will get back with you on seed I have.
Happy Gardening to us All!
Gary Millwood
Louisville, Kentucky

Virginia Beach, VA(Zone 7b)

If you have any left I would be interested. Don't have anything on your want list.
Are you interested in any of these?

St. Vincent's Lilac Vine,
Hibiscus Luna Pink Swirl- 12 seeds left
Nicotania fragrant cloud
Tithonia yellow torch
Yvonne's salvia
milkweed soulmate
for fall veggies I have,ruby red swiss chard, royal chantenay carrots, broccoli di cicco.
Also have peppers.

Poisondartfrog- Alana Your's are in the mail. Pls.let me know when they arrive.

VGMKY-- Gary consider 1 pack put aside with your name on it.

Zinniared- Boy-O-Boy they all sound great, It's like going into the candy store "Now I have to make a choice". can you tell me something about the lilac vine. also the nicotana fragrant cloud.

Mulberry, FL

Don I have 2 different kinds of these the white veined and the elegans I think the name is if you would like to trade also have some vine seed yellow trumpet like a cross vine let me know thanks ..Dana

Thanks! I will send some PawPaw seeds to you as soon as they are ready-they should be sown as soon as possible without allowing the seeds to dry out. If you sow them this fall you should have germination by spring.
Alana

I never grew the lilac vine. On the package it says, well behaved shrubby climber that
has lovely lilac flowers, followed by bright red round fruits that are attractive to birds.
Root hardy to zone 8b and warmer. Will bloom first year from seed if started in spring.

Here is the picture of the nicotania that I collected seeds from.

Thumbnail by zinniared

Don, how hardy is the pipevine. I'm zone 7b-8.

Zinniared, You'd most likely have to plant them in a container and bring them in when the weather turned cold. or if you have a greenhouse it could be started in there.

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

Do you have any left? I have a hummer/butterfly blend to trade or pretty much any veggie seed you could possibly imagine.
Thanks,
Lisa

1lisac,
Lisa, Yes I do . I'm looking for a (Lima) Butter Bean or Popcorn If nither of those the Hummingbird/butterfly would be nice. Don PS Just remembered I'm looking for a giant pumpkin also. Don

Great, I may have some Lima beans. I have Thai pumpkins but no giant pumpkins. Are you sure your not Charlie Brown? Lol. I'll be glad to send you the H/B mix and surprise you on the veggies.

Roermond, Netherlands

Do you trade outside the US? I'm very interested. I've a few Salvia elegans seeds and seeds of Salvia that's blooming pink. Also have fresh Aristolochia kewensis seeds.

Danasplants- Dana yours are in the mail pls let know when you get them

1Lisac - Lisa Yours are in the mail pls let me know when you get them

An57- They sound wonderful but I'm sorry I think I'll pass on the offer.

Don, I think I'm going to pass on this offer. I'm not very good with vines
in pots. I can still send you the lilac vine, I won't be using the seeds,
and nicotania. pm me if interested.

Don,
Just wanted to let you know the seeds came today thank you, I can hardly wait to start them. Please let me know when you receive the seeds I sent.

Got 'em, thanks. I will give you a heads up when Pawpaws are ready.
Alana

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10b)

Do you still have any seeds left?

If so, I have wine cups Callirhoe involucrata from your trade list. I also have a couple of varieties of butterfly bush seeds and stonecrop seeds. I'll send you a dmail also.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.