Suggestions on low light high humidity plants

Mobile, AL(Zone 8b)

Hi everyone. I am making 3 vivariums and need suggestions on things that will do well with low light and high humidity. I also need small leaved trailing or climbing vines.

Thanks
Betty

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

I don't know about all that but I have been asking about you. Glad to see you are still around. Missing you.

Mobile, AL(Zone 8b)

Hi Cindy. I hope you are feeling better. Now that I am back in LA I hope to see alot more of everybody.

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

Ferns? Heuchera, hellebores, or other shade plants often take high humidity fairly well. I'm not sure about trailing plants except for creeping charlie or some of the dwarf sedums that might do fairly well in low light. There are also some other sempervierens (spelling?) that trail you could look at. Most of them prefer dry over humid though but it seems like I've seen a few in books that can tolerate more damp soils. I'll try to look at one of my books this weekend. How big are we talking here?

Good to hear from you!!
Elaine

Mobile, AL(Zone 8b)

Thanks Elaine. Good to hear from you too! I will miss going to the Nashville garden show.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

My creeping jenny seems to grow anywhere and in any condition! I have some in the some and some in the shade. Hot humid weather doesn't seem to bother it either.

Mobile, AL(Zone 8b)

Thanks I will look for some creeping Jenny. Here is what I have so far.

Thumbnail by tortoisekeeper
Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

Oooohhh!! Pretty.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.