For Blue Jay lovers

Fountain, FL(Zone 8a)

Back in 1999 I raised a baby jay..a friend put together a site for him. Hope the link works as this 'puter started doing wierd stuff http://www.geocities.com/Paris/9354/naked.html It may take a little while to load because of the pictures..enjoy..oh my webtv addy is no longer valid. Ginger

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

That is so cool Ginger. Blue Jays are my favorite bird. Thanks for sharing that.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Neat, Ginger! Explain these "cricket kisses" in more detail - sounds fun. :-) How cool to be so close to a wild thing. Does he still hang out in your yard?

Fountain, FL(Zone 8a)

OK..cricket kisses..that was when Naked chewed on my lip after eating a cricket..from then on every time it happened reguardless of whether he had just eaten or not I called it cricket kisses. We had such a good time raising Naked..one day when I got home from the store,Bill was in a panic and the dogs were very POd at being shut outside..seems Naked had managed to slip by Bill as he was going from screen room to inside the house and had landed on a running ceiling fan!! Fan was quickly turned off,but Naked refused to go to Bill...he flew to my head and back out to the screen room we went. Always felt sorry for the crickets...they would chirp their little hearts out on the way home in a paper sack. I would open the freezer,tell them God bless and it was for a good cause before putting them in...easier to handle frozen. I have lots of jays in my yard..my heart tells me one is Naked or offspring,but I really don't know for positive...I feel I did a good job raising him and he is out there doing his "blue jay thang".

Tiller, OR(Zone 8a)

What a delightful story, and you got some wonderful shots.

Geneseo, IL(Zone 5a)

I just loved reading your story-- neat pet- wonderful memories.. thankyou for sharing that.

Wow,great story and the pictures,terrific' Cracked up,can see you,saying,"God Bless"then putting the crickets into the freezer,ha,ha,sooo funny'I'm a rehabber too,gets interesting sometimes'

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.