We built another iris bed too!

Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 5b)

With the help of my wonderful hubby that moved all the river rock, and my daughter who came over to help me lay the edging and mix the soil in... another bed... 4 ft x 8 ft.. squeezed in 18 varieties. &:-)

Thumbnail by naomimade

Love it! So neat and tidy. No grass to worry about. Lucky you!

South Hamilton, MA

very creative.

Hustisford, WI(Zone 5a)

Nicely done! It's so nice to get a new iris bed completed, and to fill it up. Now that I did one, I just realized that I think I need another one, already! ~j

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Cant wait for blooms.

yep me too

thank you for the nice comments, every one! &:-)
I wish I had acres...but this will have to do for now!

Altus, OK(Zone 7a)

Looks great!

What kind of ground cover is that in your raised bed?

Is that a Vitex tree (shrub) with the purple blooms?

Dawn

Good morning Dawn. It's a Russian Sage. It smells nice and grows everywhere...it likes our dry climate. &:-)

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Go back to your post in iris, have message for you, Kathy.

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Hi Naomi, I'm just 50 miles north of you outside of Elizabeth. Am planting a new iris bed also, half finshed, is 4ftX 200-250ft, alongside my driveway, got 270 plants in last week and have 3-400 more to do yet, whew, hope I can finish next week. Got 400 iris from a couple in Brighton for $35.00, did several trades here at daves for another 50 or so and went to Long's Iris Gardens in Boulder ( a u-dig, in May, which were divided into another 35), plus am mixing in from already established beds. Can we have 3 more months to do planting, Please!!!? LOL. Would you like some more? LOL, I might have a few extras. My Craig's list buy was in August and had no clue I'd be getting that many (10 for $1), only four colors tho, 2 plicatas ( light purple stitching on white), and 2 different purples. All are unnamed. We could meet in Castle Rock. Kathy

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Oooops, am working on 2 different computers, pix on mine and am on another, lol. Anyway message at 9:26 'spose to have been d-mail. Gosh I'm brilliant, lol. Here's other plicata

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

Hi Kathy, I don't have any more room!! Sorry! &:-( I still have an order coming from Rocky Top and also a box of NoID white iris from a friend at work that I"m scratching my head over on where to put those too!!!

Thanks anyway! &:-)

Hustisford, WI(Zone 5a)

I am trying to come up with a SECOND Iris only bed this year....

On the other hand, I am really excited about next year!~Jan

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

I will take anything off of anyones hands :)

New bed looks wonderful! And Kathy - that is a HUGE space! I would love to line my driveway. And just might! I seem to be collecting Iris these last few days. Snatched thousands of NOID seeds form the goodwill. (another post). Excited for those and sharing them with work too.

Thumbnail by minnesippi

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.