CLOSED: Wanted: Sugar Snap Peas?

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

I have been buying these at the grocery and wondering if this was a fall crop I could try.

Anyone? :D

A.

Prosper, TX(Zone 8a)

I plant mine in both Fall and Spring and so far get good results from doing so. I stick my seeds in the ground around the 2nd week of September and harvest until the cold gets too cold.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

Do you need any seeds? I just bought some from T&M and it's way more than I can use. They're Sugar Ann if you want to look them up. Let me know and I can mail them to you, quickly, as we're both in Gboro. =)

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Yes - that would be super! I haven't been able to find any. Will send you dmail.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Thank you Donna! I received the Sugar Ann peas yesterday and will let you know how it goes. :)

Much obliged!

A.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

You're very welcome! Let me know if there's anything you're looking for in the spring flowerseed wise--I don't have exotic stuff but plenty of variety:lol:

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

I don't have any of these, but saw them in a "Pinetree Seeds" catalog and plan to try them next spring.
Pinetree only sells small "home gardener size" pkts, so I can't get a big wholesale-price pkt and split them up:

Pinetree #269
GOLDEN SWEET SNOW PEA (heirloom from India)
- - - 6 foot long vines will need support
- - two toned purple blossoms yield lemon-yellow pods

These also caught my eye: snap peas advertised as "good for snacks" and "Interchangeable with snow peas
".

Pinetree #263
Cascadia Snap Peas 48 days 30" vines
https://www.superseeds.com/details.php?id=263

Territorial Seeds (Northwest bred at OSU)
Cascadia Snap Peas 60 days 32" vines OP
Interchangeable with snow peas
1 oz $2.10
1/2 pound $5.45

Corey

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

WOW! 32 days?!!

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

??

Cascadia Snap Peas

60 days to maturity in Territorial Seeds' climate & soil
32 inch long vines.

48 days to maturity in Pinetree Seeds' climate & soil
30" vines

I wonder whether the difference is in the genetics, climate, soil, practices, or marketing department?

Corey

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

sorry. My bad.

The Sugar Ann Snap Peas Donna sent say 59 days I assume to producing peas.

Not 59" vines. Sounds like a compact shrubby thing. Can't wait. I'm planting them tomorrow - thanks again Donna.

A.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

You're welcome:) Next spring will be my first attempt at peas so be sure to post back and tell how they did for you and if you're trying them again in the spring:)

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.