CLOSED: Have: Morning Glory Tree

Grandview, TX(Zone 8a)

I have fresh seeds available for trade. These are lavender. Make me an offer, I'm pretty open to most anything perennial. No veggies please. I am trying to build up a butterfly/hummingbird garden...hint-hint.

MG tree..... http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/52996

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

well alrighty then - i have a few bluish-purples to parade before you, Stephanie. And they are:

Bengal Clock Vine Thunbergia grandiflora cuttings
see : http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/1968/

but this pic is of one of mine . . .

Thumbnail by LazLo
Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Wild Petunia (Ruellia nudiflora) [syn: Ruellia tuberosa]
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/38221/

this pic is of one of mine . . .

Thumbnail by LazLo
Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Virginia Spiderwort -aka- Lady's Tears (Tradescantia virginiana)
see: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/485/ . . . a few of my other pics of this one are shown

here's a different pic, same plants in my garden . . .

Thumbnail by LazLo
Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

OMG! how did i ever overlook Datura metel 'Black Currant Swirl' ??? i have a zillion seeds from this one . . . lots of my pics with the PF for it at http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/49910/

mostly doubles but some triples have shown up as well.

let me know which, or all, of the purples you would be interested in.

ATBTY ~ Łaz

Thumbnail by LazLo
Pensacola, FL(Zone 8b)

i have some texas red star hibicus as well as while?

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

sure - and i may have a few lavender bush morning glory seeds hidden away, too . . . mine has been surviving our drought but has not put forth blooms this year. cutest seeds i ever saw - remind me of the "tribbles" from the old StarTrek tv show.

as i understand it now, you want some of all pictured and tx star hibiscus - with possible lavender BMG seeds . . . anything else?

Thumbnail by LazLo
New Port Richey, FL(Zone 9b)

I'd love some morning glory seeds.
Hum,Hummingbird -Butterfly seeds I've got Salvia coccinea Asclepias curassavica or cassia alta, Galardia (Blanket flower) any of those ring the bell? Don

Mesilla Park, NM

I'd love some seeds also,

I've got some perennial Hollyhocks (Creme de Cassis)
Also in white or light pink Hollyhocks

The bee's just love this pollen, if you need some pollinators.

Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

Here is the Pink

Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

Here are the white colored growing with the salvia all my seeds are from collections a few weeks ago so they are fresh.

I also have a mix of sunflowers that the birds and bees just love, but are annuals you can see them here if you are interested:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1198612/

Thumbnail by Gourd
Grandview, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh WOW! So many wonderful offers.

Lazlo~ I would love a piece of the Bengal Clock Vine Thunbergia grandiflora please. Sending you Dmail :)

donlaclair~ I would love a few of the Asclepias curassavica please. Sending you
Dmail :)

Gourd~ I would love a few of your Hollyhocks Creme de Cassis please. Sending you Dmail :)

pensacolagarden~ I'm not sure I read your post correctly, but if you are offering red tx star hibiscus to trade I would love some. Sending you Dmail :)

This message was edited Aug 13, 2011 5:02 PM

This message was edited Aug 13, 2011 5:03 PM

Grandview, TX(Zone 8a)

This offer is temporarily suspended. I have many more of these that will be available soon. Feel free to go ahead and post if your interested and I'll get back to you when they are ready. Thanks everyone :)

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

catz - just CLOSE the thread, then . . . we all can keep the thread watched and we can post our selves silly . . . it will help keep folks who have not followed it ... and those of us who have been watching this thread. whenever you want, you can "re-open" the thread - - only you can close or open this thread . . . essentially only closing it off from folks viewing only open threads, but does not affect if one of us is watching the thread, open or closed we'll still see new postings until we set un-watch for ourselves.

i hope you don't take that as me being pendantic, i just thought you might consider changing it to closed status to re-inforce your temporary suspension of the offer.

ATBTY !         ~         Łaz

Thumbnail by LazLo
Grandview, TX(Zone 8a)

;)

Grandview, TX(Zone 8a)

Did everyone receive their seeds from me?

Grandview, TX(Zone 8a)

I have a couple more trades of these available.

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

why sure'nuff they did, and i shall endeavour to get some decent cuttings for you. i will investigate to see if there's any the damned heat and low humidity hasn't croaked out . . . else, if not, then i will give you a raincheck for cuttings or even, perhaps, a root division in the case the root structure of my clock vine survives this summer and our short winter. usually there are signs of life when shoots arise from the ground by mid-March.

i know that the USDA still considers OzTown to be an 8b location, but the last two winters would actually only qualify as 9s . . . if our winter this year is as short and mild for 2011-2012 then i am going to begin making my future gardening plans around 9a and perhaps 9b . . . i have already grown some 9 and 10 zone plants at least as biennials . . . though it is my most ferverant desire that we get rain beginning when October comes and a more normal heat than this year, when the month of August has lasted for about 115 days so far, and nobody really knows when August will end. IMHO, it will be sometime in Oct. - - as if no other month existed since May 15th, our first 100-degree day. today, btw sets a new record at 105°f (normal avg. high is 92°f). i wish i could just hibernate until the temps come down into the 90s or less for the rest of the year. 2011 - i really resent you!

i will try to get back to you - by tomorrow (Tues.) evening - about the current viability of getting cuttings from the clock vine - please get back to me about whether to send now or you'll roll the dice along with me for what happens in spring after our last frost - - usually Feb. 15-25 - - and perhaps have a hearty bare root division instead.

A T B T Y !         ~         ŁazŁo    ;--)

Thumbnail by LazLo
Grandview, TX(Zone 8a)

:) Thank you for making me smile LazLo :) I've been home with a sick child today. I hate it when my babies are sick, thank goodness it's not very often.

I'm not in any big hurry for the cuttings/roots (which ever you choose) It's still in the mid 90's here and still no chance of rain. Take your time and do what you think is best. Your reputation is such that I'm not at all worried about you skippin' out on me :)

How close to you are the fires down there?

Hugs,
Steph

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

depends on which fire . . . we had them all around us for a couple of days. from the biggest, the Bastrop County fire we are about 40 miles northwest of that area, but with three other fire areas in between. sounds like fun, huh?

Thumbnail by LazLo
Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10b)

I sent you a dmail cats!

The weather is crazy all over the country this summer. I hope that everyone is safe and sound. While you are having droughts and fires, I have been dealing with floods. We are having more rain and evening temperatures dropping to the 40s this weekend. I am busy making room for plants that have to overwinter indoors. Given the choice, I prefer rain to droughts and fires, so I should not complain.

Mesilla Park, NM

I had sent you a dmail also! Thanks

Grandview, TX(Zone 8a)

I got both Dmails :) Thank you both.

LazLo~I'm glad your safe from the fires, though they do seem to be rather too close for real comfort.

GQ~I prefer the rain as well ;) Though I know in the big scheme of things drought and fires have their place. I just wish they would not be in the same area as me or my friends ;)

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Hello Steph:

I have a Monarch Waystation thru the Monarch Watch program out of the U. of Kansas.

I plant mostly natives that are attractive to bees, butterflies, birds, and pollinators of all sorts. If you take a look at my trade list and see anything that interests you, please let me know.

Thanks.

A.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.