Morning Glories 2011 #12

(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

Debra - Those purpureas should cover his fence very nicely! I love purpureas especially for that reason. :-)

One of mine today. I just love the diluted color! We had rain earlier on and then later too.

Thumbnail by beckygardener
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

I love the front one, it is really cool looking..

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Thanks Becky, Great moonflower. Your no Monet blooms are beautiful too.
The no Monet is perhaps the most unstable cultivar I've ever seen
Debra, pretty purpureas.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Becky and Jackie, Debra. Love all those neat blooms you are getting!

From Karen2005 Ip nil similar to yours Debra?

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

From Japanese seller Ip nil pink rayed blizzard and stripes.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

One more bloom from DFNM

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Taken without flash blue purple blizzard

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Mesilla Park, NM

Becky, Helena, Jackie, Oh boy, those are all beautiful. Do you think the weather or reseeding has something to do with the dilution (genes) coming out. I got one today, not too much but a little dilution, but you can see the ends of the spokes spreading some. There were about a dozen flowers on the plant today.

Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

Here are the seedlings that Debra sent! they are doing great... THANK you Debra! I thought you might want to see your babies.

Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

I won't complain about this new camera, it does capture the true color. But... I miss my fuji..
Here is another view.

Thumbnail by Gourd

Helena, love all your blooms. The purple from Karen reminds me of my purple Saz last summer.
Yours is a beautiful color
Your Diluted from Becky is a beauty.too.
Very pretty no Monet A. Since these no Monets, do such weird things, don't be surprised if your
vine does something crazy.

Pink Silk bloom today, I'm crazy about this vine, thanks Becky,.

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Antoinette and Jackie. Beautiful blooms A. and Jackie. My no Monet does a bit of that too, must be the genes. It sure makes it interesting though!

Thanks Debra, Jackie, Helena, and Antoinette!

Jackie - I have to totally agree with you about the No Monet genes! You never know what you are going to get with the seeds! LOL! Always a wonderful surprise!!

Helena - Beautiful blooms again today! LOVE the DFNM bloom you got today! WOW! That cultivar always knocks my socks off! No two blooms are exactly alike! Always a joy to see!

A - That bloom you had today is really interesting. I love the fading into white on the edges! I am curious to see if the dilution continues and expands on the future blooms. What species is the plant from Debra? Sweet little vine!

Jackie - I have to tell you that when I bagged up the seeds to send you for Pink Silk, I smiled. I knew you would love that cultivar! You can thank Dany for them, too! That's where I got that wonderful cultivar. And it came true from seeds for you. Yee haw!!!

This message was edited Aug 15, 2011 10:00 PM

Helena, I did plant some seeds from Karen2005 that I bought, so that is prolly what it is..
your blooms are always so pretty..
Jackie it is such a pretty color of pink, I can see why you like it so much.

A. I am glad you like the vines, and glad they arrived safe and sound.. that is a very agressive little vine and would make a great topiary cover.
I like your new camera..

Becky that is I. cairica ie: messina Creeper, and I sent everyone some seeds.. I do have a ton of volunteers up everywhere, tho if you want one.
Mine are already blooming again..
George Strait from Emma..

Thumbnail by joeswife

DFNM again, this vine is all over the arbor..

Thumbnail by joeswife

climbing the sunflower

Thumbnail by joeswife

i. plantesis survived the move...

Thumbnail by joeswife

I carica bloom

Thumbnail by joeswife

from onalee can't remember its name, it is planted with a blue from her and a white from her, was trying to get a red white and blue thing going on, but no blue or white yet..

Thumbnail by joeswife

this little guy is still blooming on the south fence

Thumbnail by joeswife

fuzzy, sorry I was in a hurry this am..

Thumbnail by joeswife

Debra - I do have seeds. Thank you for sharing them during the 2009 seed swap. I haven't grown any because of their aggressive nature. Maybe I'll get brave and grow them under lights. Do you think it would dwarf a vine to keep in under control if grown indoors?

So your DFNM is purple/lavender instead of blue? That's really interesting! Who did you get yours from? Looks like a beautiful cross! All your blooms are lovely! And the photos are very nice!

If you get a chance, I'd love to see a full photo of both of these vines - i. plantesis and I. carica . I am curious to see what the foliage and growth habit looks like! Beautiful blooms on both of them!

I have an Operculina turpethum growing under lights that is literally screaming to be transplanted outside. It's all tangled up in the little trellis. Not sure how the heck I'm gonna get it out. (sigh) I think it is invasive, too! So it will be going in a pot against the house over concrete! LOL! I have an I. Alba Meerkeii and another I. indica (from Antoinette's seeds) that also needs to go outside. I was going to transplant them today, but got busy with other things. Maybe tomorrow. I am hoping that the I. indica is different so that I can cross it with the one growing on the arbor to get seeds to share with everyone. I absolutely love I. indica because the blooms stay open for most of the day! And they are large blooms. My kinda vine! And they are perennials! And take abuse with grace! LOL!

Debra - We cross posted. That big dark pink one is beautiful! And I really like your Kikyo. Nice soft color on that one! I like the bloom shape too!

This message was edited Aug 15, 2011 11:13 PM

Mesilla Park, NM

Helena, I love that purple blizzard

Debra, I'll bet the mornings are really special when you get to see them all open. Very nice flowers. Thank you again for the seedllings.

I'm out of here for the night, see you ladies later.

Becky, my dfnm came from someone here , I have to look at the empty seed packets ( I save them all) I am thinking from Jackie.... the other blooms on that vine are kind of more blue.
I cairica would make a great topiary if you have a wreath form cut a hole out of the bottom, secure it to a base and set the pot of vines inside of it and let it go. I trim mine up on the fence, I have one growing down under the lights, and it is fighting with the other glory down there. That one downstairs is going into the wreath form I picked up at the goodwill, and will be my winter time experiment. the more you trim it, the more it branches out.
was going to show you cameo elegance and when I came home the vine had yellowed from the 98 plus temp and full sun, I had moved it and forgot to put it back under the table outside. Poor thing..
I am waiting patiently for vines from Helena to bloom. yours are going to be easy peazy to OD they are in the bean patch. Jackies seeds are all in the north west corner barrell and arbor. Dany's are all in one tub, and the rest are scattered about in tubs and pots and the ground on the south fence/or given away in tubs to sister and daughters.

Debra - Are the leaves smaller on the I cairica? It looks like it! Does look like it could definitely make a fine topiary. That's pretty cool!

I hope your Cameo Elegance recovers! My outdoor vines are getting devoured by rust. (sigh) So back to growing them all indoors now until next Spring. :-)

I can't wait to see all your vines blooming! I hope you get some this week before you head over to your sister's! Are you taking some of the vines with you?

Thanks Helena, Becky and Debra. A big thank you for Dany too for sharing Pink Silk in the
1st place. Its a big bloom too. .
Gorgeous blooms Debra. Is that a no Monet I see? Beautiful.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Debra. You DFNM reminds me a lot of the Aomurasaki youjiro blizzard I grew last year. I had dark blue and lilac blooms. I was bad last year and only had my DFNM for a short time before it died, I'm ashamed to say but I only got one seed from it. I tried harder this year to pay more attention to it and have been rewarded with blooms but not in seeds. I shared seeds of Aomurasaki youjiro blizzard with everyone on the seed swap last year so I hope to see what you get. I didn't grow any of the Aomurasaki youjiro blizzard this year yet that I know of.

Here's another bloom from Emma's 2010 swap.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Two different blooms from Blue blizzard.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

A close up of 3 different blooms on this Asagao from J. seller.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Jackies fake no Monet but still very pretty.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

well u guys, plz correct me if I am stating wrong names... the tags are way under the jungle and I can't get to them..

Thumbnail by joeswife

Beautiful blooms, Helena! Your Asagao are really cool! :-)

Debra - Love that bloom! It does resemble some of the Aomurasaki youjiro blizzard vines! It's beautiful regardless of the name!

Jackie sent me some of those... that is prolly it, Becky. Moonflower vines are blooming, man it smells great outside tonight with the four o clocks, moonflowers, moonvines and jasmine..

Thumbnail by joeswife

I have been waiting for that white i purp all summer..
this one is so dissapointing, it is so turquoise ;blue looking, but I just had such a hard time trying to capture it..
maybe tommorrw one will be open and easier to get a shot of..

Thumbnail by joeswife

can't wait to see what the blooms look like from these leaves

Thumbnail by joeswife

Absolutely gorgeous blooms Helena. Love Blue Blizzard and the pink Asagao's.
Debra, that 1st bloom could be from Weird Saz, the purple one. Its a beauty
I love the turquoise blue bloom.
Time for a new thread.

Edited to point the way to the new thread
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1212127

This message was edited Aug 17, 2011 1:35 AM

Debra - Nice variegated foliage. Can't wait to see what the blooms look like! Your night garden probably is intoxicating with all the sweet scents! Do you have any brugs, too? It quite fun to get a whiff as you walk around your yard at night!

Glad to see you, too, have Moonflowers blooming! Beautiful!

hav'nt posted any pics of moonflowers yet, maybe when I get back. Brugs are not blooming here, they do not like the "new" climate. Maybe later this fall. The night bloomers do make a nice aroma while sitting outside at night , tho.

Debra - I read your post and saw the whitish bloom of this post: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=8760488 and thought it was a moonflower. I should've looked closer as I can see that it is not a moonflower bloom at all! LOL!

I have my brugs in partial shade because of the intense sun and heat here. Did you lose all your backyard shade when the neighbors cut down the tree?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.